News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Lettow77

I was speaking with the gentleman who makes it. It seems he's come into some fame and official recognition with his efforts and has become a semi-official apparatus of the campaign.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Martinus

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on March 11, 2016, 09:30:15 AM
Last night my brother told me he's voting Trump next week.  Rationale was "he's not perfect, but he'll get stuff done."  I think my parents are voting Kasich.  Haven't asked my other brother yet.

What "stuff" does your brother think Trump will get done that appeals to him?

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2016, 12:00:35 PM
Last night my brother told me he's voting Trump next week.  Rationale was "he's not perfect, but he'll get stuff done."  I think my parents are voting Kasich.  Haven't asked my other brother yet.

It doesn't matter as long as he will do it.

The Minsky Moment

Trains running on time of course. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

I don't know, man.  I didn't want that to ruin the basketball we were watching.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on March 11, 2016, 12:08:36 PM

I don't know, man.  I didn't want that to ruin the basketball we were watching.

And so the great nation of the United States of American descended into ruin for the sake of a good basketball game.

merithyn

Max and I had an... animated... discussion over lunch today. We have differing opinions on who to vote for in the primaries.  :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on March 11, 2016, 02:26:42 PM
Max and I had an... animated... discussion over lunch today. We have differing opinions on who to vote for in the primaries.  :ph34r:

Which one of you is for Clinton, and which one of you is for Sanders?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on March 11, 2016, 02:27:46 PM

He's an Albertan. You tell me.

alfred russel

Quote from: merithyn on March 11, 2016, 02:39:30 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 11, 2016, 02:27:46 PM

He's an Albertan. You tell me.

I know Alberta is NDP territory, but I don't know enough about the NDP to know whether it is closer to Sanders or Clinton...
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

merithyn

Quote from: alfred russel on March 11, 2016, 02:59:03 PM

I know Alberta is NDP territory, but I don't know enough about the NDP to know whether it is closer to Sanders or Clinton...

He tends toward anti-establishment. I believe that isn't uncommon in Alberta.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2016, 12:43:22 PM
And so the great nation of the United States of American descended into ruin for the sake of a good basketball game.

If the fate of the country depended on me and my brother, we were doomed long ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall