Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2016, 08:05:17 PM
CNN reported from the rumor mill that Republicans are considering setting up a "safe haven" party for Republican up for reelection who don't want to be associated with Trump.
Their destruction is near complete.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on March 02, 2016, 08:14:12 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2016, 08:05:17 PM
CNN reported from the rumor mill that Republicans are considering setting up a "safe haven" party for Republican up for reelection who don't want to be associated with Trump.
Their destruction is near complete.

The fact that all this is going to happen at the Republican National Convention--which is going to be in Cleveland...well, if the Greeks or Romans did not tell of it, I think that story must surely be in the Bible.

MadImmortalMan

There were definitely fewer people at the caucus this time.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

FunkMonk

Quote from: Phillip V on March 02, 2016, 09:03:29 PM

They've been bullied and they've been hammered into desperation, and in their desperation they've turned to a man they don't fully understand.

But why destroy the GOP?

Because some men just want to watch the world burn. 
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

It needs to be burned to the ground in its current state.  It's a disgrace.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sophie Scholl

The problem with Super Tuesday as I see it for Democrats, is that the majority of the delegates are from states with little to no chance of actually going Democrat in the national election.  This includes and is highlighted by Hillary's "huge" victory Tuesday.  Out of all of the states Hillary has won so far, it has been a blue state by a very slim margin, a dyed in the wool red state, a very narrow win in a purple state, or purple Virginia where she won her only, in my mind, convincing victory.

Sidenote:  I added the Drumpf/Drumpf add-on for amusement purposes, and it makes for an interesting read in this thread.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadImmortalMan

Wanting to watch the world burn is an absolutely self-interested desire.

In times of chaos, men of ability can rise to be heroes. Stability benefits mediocrity.

Guan Yu was a pirate. Zhang Fei was a farmer. Liu Bei wove sandals.

Monoriu

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 02, 2016, 09:33:51 PM
Wanting to watch the world burn is an absolutely self-interested desire.

In times of chaos, men of ability can rise to be heroes. Stability benefits mediocrity.

Guan Yu was a pirate. Zhang Fei was a farmer. Liu Bei wove sandals.

Guan Yu was a pirate?  Never heard of that one.  I think he was a bandit.  That Liu Bei wove sandals is common knowledge.  No idea about Zhang Fei. 

MadImmortalMan

sbr

There are quite a few people I work with that are Trump supporters, a few of them I share a lunch table with every day and a couple I consider friends.

I don't talk politics with anyone.  I almost never do so here, much less with people I have to look in the face every day; though occasionally I will share an anti-Trump meme or something I find on Twitter.  I can tell they are not amused even when they admit it is funny.

Today Conspiracy Theory Guy (who just got his first smart phone over the weekend) was on his phone at lunch and starts rambling about how this place is a Banana Republic, and something about Clinton Drug Rings and Benghazi Arm Deals.  The guy next to him got sucked into acknowledging his ramblings and CTG started talking about something someone (you can tell how much attention I pay to him) in the GOP said about trying to stop Trump from getting the nomination; and that we were a Banana Republic because "we" didn't get a say in things.  I told him that anyone that would vote for Trump probably shouldn't get a fucking say in anything.

He did the guppy thing where the mouth opens and closes a few times without anything coming out, then stormed off to have a smoke.  I could feel the tension from the rest of the table but just went back to reading on my phone.

Monoriu

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Monoriu on March 02, 2016, 09:46:15 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 02, 2016, 09:44:33 PM
That was Zhang Fei's peach garden.  :P

That made him a landlord, not farmer  :P

Maybe. But the point is, that in a time of "stability", nobody would know who those guys were. In stability, talent is wasted on mediocrity. People with no talent love stability because it allows them to compete with talented people.

But when the shit actually hits it, you're either talented or you're dead. If the empire didn't divide in Liu Bei's time, nobody would know who he was.

alfred russel

Quote from: 11B4V on March 02, 2016, 09:28:18 PM
It needs to be burned to the ground in its current state.  It's a disgrace.

The way it needs to burn is to nominate someone reasonable (okay that may be farfetched if Cruz is the most likely alternative, but hang with me) and then have Trump walk out and take the crazies with him. Not nominating Trump and have the non crazies walk out.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014