News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 03:25:59 PM

Can't think of one, but if you have any wacky examples feel free to throw them at me.

How about Perot?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 02, 2016, 03:29:04 PM

Can't think of one, but if you have any wacky examples feel free to throw them at me.

How about Perot?

He didn't run for the GOP nom.  But yeah I'd vote for that crazy bastard over Hil.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: garbon on March 02, 2016, 03:08:37 PM

I've just encountered people saying that they are afraid of Hillary because honestly her foreign policy is a lot scarier than Trump's. I can't even. :lol: <_<
Where did you come across these dumbasses?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

So Carson's announcement is to give his GOP rivals time to outbid each other for Carson's endorsement when he fully withdraws in a couple of days? Nice, he is learning.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 03:32:50 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 02, 2016, 03:29:04 PM

How about Perot?

He didn't run for the GOP nom.  But yeah I'd vote for that crazy bastard over Hil.

IN the spring/summer of 1992 I was :wub: over Ross Perot.

Then he went crazy (or crazier), quit the race because the big bad GOP was going to ruin his daughter's wedding, then re-joined the race and threw the whole thing to Clinton. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 03:32:50 PM

Hell my Dad voted for him over the other Clinton.

Damn 1992 was a sad sad fall. My grandfather died, my best friend was diagnosed with the cancer that would eventually kill him, Papa Bush lost, the Dallas Cowboys had their Super Bowl season, the Aggies went 12-0. Just shit. After the year started off so great to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Ya know everytime I think Derspicy is reasonable and not batshit crazy, he reminds me I'm wrong.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk

Looking quickly I don't see many crazier than Trump, other than the silly candidates from 2004.  Maybe Cain, Bachman or Buchanan?

Habbaku

Cain, Bachman and Buchanan combined could not match Trump for crazy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

Hmm, let's make it harder, are there any Democratic Primary candidates from the past 20 years who you would vote for before Trump?

frunk

Quote from: Habbaku on March 02, 2016, 03:49:54 PM
Cain, Bachman and Buchanan combined could not match Trump for crazy.

Bachman's pretty close all on her own.

Valmy

Quote from: frunk on March 02, 2016, 03:51:22 PM
Hmm, let's make it harder, are there any Democratic Primary candidates from the past 20 years who you would vote for before Trump?

Hey! Tsongas was going to balance the budget! Oh shit that was longer than 20 years ago  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

The man voted for Alan Keyes y'all.  He's operating on a different paradigm.

derspiess

Quote from: frunk on March 02, 2016, 03:49:05 PM

Looking quickly I don't see many crazier than Trump, other than the silly candidates from 2004.  Maybe Cain, Bachman or Buchanan?

I love Herman Cain.  I'd vote for him over Hillary, hoping he'd just delegate 95% of his job and spending his time entertaining us with sound bites.  Buchanan and Trump might as well be the same person.

And Bachmann, you guys may not remember but I got a similar reaction here when I agreed that she was too crazy for the White House but that I'd still vote for her over Obama if it came down to it.  So yeah, Crazy Michele over Hil.  Seeing Chris Matthews have a stroke on air would be worth the price of admission.