News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Magnificent.

Saw on the news this morning that Trump's campaign has spent about $700,000 on ground operations staff in the last month.  $1.5M on hats.

FunkMonk

Even when they're trying to win, they're trying to lose.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 22, 2016, 05:31:52 PM
Heard on CNN that Donald has "indefinitely postponed his speech on immigration."

:lmfao:

Can we just fast forward to the part of the election when he indefinitely postpones his assumption of the duties of president?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Phillip V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 22, 2016, 06:04:39 PM
Not the Onion folks. This is real life!

http://www.kmov.com/story/32807204/12-year-old-running-trump-campaign-office-in-colorado

QuoteWHEAT RIDGE, CO (KDVR/CNN) - Donald Trump's campaign has some young blood among its leadership.

And by young, that means 12 years old.

In one of the most important counties in swing state Colorado, Donald Trump is relying on 12-year-old Weston Imer, who runs the Jefferson County operation for the Trump campaign.

Jefferson County is one of the most populous counties in Colorado and is part of the Denver metro area.

Good.  More kids need to work instead of other lazy or licentious activities.  The boy will now have very unique, formative early experience that can make him very successful in life.

sbr

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-campaign-rent_us_57bba424e4b03d51368a82b9

Hmm, some sort of voodoo magic is defeating my copy/paste skillz.

And yes, I know Hillary took money from the Saudis.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Oh Snap!

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/go-fck-yourself-you-piece-of-sht-florida-gop-candidate-angrily-melts-down-at-reporter/
Quote'Go f*ck yourself you piece of sh*t!': Florida GOP candidate angrily melts down at reporter

Former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino is once again trying to run for Congress — and he's once again flailing wildly.

After losing a Maryland Senate election in 2012 and then a Maryland congressional election in 2014, Bongino is now trying to win a congressional seat in Florida's 19th district, despite the fact that his permanent residence in Florida is all the way on the other side of the state.

"So why are you running for office in a city you don't live in, in a county you don't live in, in a district you don't live in?" Caputo asked him.

After much hemming and hawing, Caputo got Bongino to admit that he wasn't actually a registered voter in the district. Then Caputo really laid into him.

"So let's see: You move down to Florida after losing two campaigns in Maryland; you say you're going to stay in Maryland and fight; you tuck tail and run away to Florida; you go look to run in District 18, you see you're not going to be able to win there; you try to run in District 19, you're losing there," he said. "You're like a professional political candidate who loses."

And with that Bongino completely unloaded on him.

"You're a disgusting real piece of sh*t," he snarled. "Go f*ck yourself, you piece of sh*t! You don't know why I moved to Florida, motherf*cker! You shut your mouth, you f*cking coward!"

The full interview follows below — Bongino's meltdown starts at the 14:50 mark.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 22, 2016, 10:14:10 PM
270towin weekly update predicts a 364 to 174 whipping

http://www.270towin.com/maps/benchmark-politics-electoral-map

More interested in the Senate now.  How big a majority might the Democrats win?  56 max?  That would entail McCain and Rubio losing.

jimmy olsen

I read that on average 3 House seats would flip for every 1% that Clinton wins by, so if she wins by 6 or 7 points like most polls say the Dems will flip 18-21 House seats. They need 30 to win control, but that few seats may make the House ungovernable for Ryan since the Tea Party seats are almost all garunteed to survive.

As for the Senate, hard to say. They're more high profile politicians and have a better chance of seperating themselves from Trump. Portman will surivive for instance.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2016, 06:26:50 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 22, 2016, 04:24:29 PM
I still don't get how the Clinton Foundation is a conflict of interest. It's a charitable foundation, the money goes to charity.

The Big Stink(tm) today is apparently how the Crown Prince of Bahrain had touched based with Huma through the Clinton Foundation for a little face time with the Secretary of State when she was free.  Yeah, that Bahrain.  Hope of the motherfucking 5th Fleet.

I can see how the more paranoid out there think the Clinton Foundation or Clinton Global Initiative can sound like something out of the Bond villain catalog, but it's not exactly Dick Cheney generating energy policy with his fossil fuel buddies.  There's not a single dollar that isn't accounted for--coming in or going out--with the Clinton Foundation. 

Mountains and molehills, once again.

You mean this Bahrain:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahrain_Bloody_Thursday

Besides, is your point that foreigners paying for access to politicians is only bad when they come from countries the US is at war with?

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 22, 2016, 09:54:11 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 22, 2016, 02:49:48 AM
The first paragraph already includes a lie:

QuoteDonald Trump launched his campaign on a promise to be very, very tough on illegal immigration — and immigrants. He called Mexican immigrants "rapists" and "criminals." He would later promise to deport every single one of them — even approvingly referencing a controversial 1950s mass-deportation program known as "Operation Wetback."

Notice how the author fluently goes from illegal immigrants to immigrants in general without missing a beat?

Go back and listen to Trump's launch speech.  He did call Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals without distinguishing between legal and illegals.  His words.

But didn't call on deporting all of them - only illegals.

Hamilcar

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2016, 07:21:49 PM
Magnificent.

Saw on the news this morning that Trump's campaign has spent about $700,000 on ground operations staff in the last month.  $1.5M on hats.

:D

Hamilcar

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 22, 2016, 06:04:39 PM
Not the Onion folks. This is real life!

http://www.kmov.com/story/32807204/12-year-old-running-trump-campaign-office-in-colorado

QuoteWHEAT RIDGE, CO (KDVR/CNN) - Donald Trump's campaign has some young blood among its leadership.

And by young, that means 12 years old.

In one of the most important counties in swing state Colorado, Donald Trump is relying on 12-year-old Weston Imer, who runs the Jefferson County operation for the Trump campaign.

Jefferson County is one of the most populous counties in Colorado and is part of the Denver metro area.

Nelson was a midshipman at 13. Don't see the problem.

garbon

On script or off, boy's speech was destined to be a mess.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/22/donald-trump-inner-city-crime-war-zone-hillary-clinton

QuoteTrump: inner cities run by Democrats are more dangerous than war zones

Meant to give a scripted speech about his rival, the Republican nominee veered off message in an attempt to appeal to minority voters in apocalyptic terms

Donald Trump veered off the teleprompter on Monday night to claim that "inner cities run by the Democrats" were more dangerous than countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Republican nominee was meant to be delivering a scripted speech calling for Hillary Clinton be investigated by a special prosecutor. However, once again he veered off message in an attempt to appeal to minority voters in apocalyptic terms.

"You can go to war zones in countries that we are fighting and it is safer than living in some of our inner cities that are run by the Democrats," Trump said. The Republican nominee also promised if elected, "we'll get rid of the crime. You'll be able to walk down the street without getting shot. Now, you walk down the street, you get shot."

Trump has made increased appeals for support from African Americans in recent days. Despite that, a recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll showed Trump receiving the support of only 1% of African American voters, a historically low total. The poll did have a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5%. The Republican nominee has repeatedly argued that African American voters should support him in the past week, saying: "What have you got to lose?" In contrast, the New York real estate developer has railed against what he called "the bigotry of Hillary Clinton, who sees people of color only as votes and not as human beings worthy of a better future".

The intended focus of the Republican nominee's message on Monday was his call for a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton's leadership of the state department. Trump claimed that the FBI and Department of Justice could not be trusted to investigate "Hillary Clinton's crimes". The FBI in July decided not to pursue criminal charges against Clinton for her use of an unsecured private email server while secretary of state. However, in doing so, FBI Director James Comey rebuked Clinton for the "extremely careless" way in which she handled her emails.

In the speech, Trump also said he was "fighting for peaceful regime change in our country" and warned gravely of potential election fraud. "You got to go out and watch. You know what I'm talking about." Trump has long made unsubstantiated claims about "a rigged election" and warned of in-person voter fraud recently at a campaign stop in Pennsylvania. However, an exhaustive investigation of in-person voter fraud in the United States found only 31 cases since 2000 out of more than 1bn ballots cast.

Trump spoke in the blue collar city of Akron, Ohio. The Buckeye State has 18 electoral votes, and no Republican has ever won the White House without winning Ohio. According to data complied by Real Clear Politics, Clinton has not trailed in a single statewide poll of Ohio since April. However, despite these sagging poll numbers and cryptic warnings about election fraud, Trump was still confident of victory: "I just get the feeling that we're going to win in a landslide."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.