News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Doesn't that sort of nonsense belong in the fb post thread?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Yes, you're right. That's where I actually saw it.

Jacob

Quote from: celedhring on August 04, 2016, 03:29:18 AM
Still don't get the hatred Hillary inspires from some in the right. At the end of the day, if she's elected she's hardly gonna upset the applecart.

30 years of smears used to motivate the base has had an effect.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on August 04, 2016, 04:49:20 AM
Some of the stuff he says has been either misreported or reported in a totally biased way (for example he is a threat to national security because he jokes about Russia hacking DNC emails - but Hillary isn't despite mishandling confidential information).

I haven't heard anyone say he is a threat to national security because he "joked" about Russia hacking Hillary's emails.  I've heard many people say he threatens national security because he blabs the contents of classified presidential nominee briefings at rallies, he considers NATO treaty obligations optional, and he favors the first use of nuclear weapons.

The criticism of his "joke" was that he was undermining American democracy.

Malthus

It's nearly 3:30 EST and I've yet to hear of one insane thing he's said today.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Where does that pic of Hillary flipping out come from?  I've seen it a few times now but not sure of its origin.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

When the balloons started to drop at the end on the convention

Sheilbh

That gif of Hillary and balloons made me like her a lot :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Quote from: Malthus on August 04, 2016, 02:32:20 PM
It's nearly 3:30 EST and I've yet to hear of one insane thing he's said today.

And nothing on his Twitter either besides some generic "thank you"s. Did they reset him or something?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

While I know Monoriu doesn't vote on principle.  This may change his mind:

Teen's challenge: Pay me or I vote for Trump

It may be time to reconsider the 26th amendment. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 04, 2016, 02:26:04 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 04, 2016, 04:49:20 AM
Some of the stuff he says has been either misreported or reported in a totally biased way (for example he is a threat to national security because he jokes about Russia hacking DNC emails - but Hillary isn't despite mishandling confidential information).

I haven't heard anyone say he is a threat to national security because he "joked" about Russia hacking Hillary's emails.  I've heard many people say he threatens national security because he blabs the contents of classified presidential nominee briefings at rallies, he considers NATO treaty obligations optional, and he favors the first use of nuclear weapons.

The criticism of his "joke" was that he was undermining American democracy.

To be fair, many people considered inviting Russia commit espionage to steal State Department documents treason.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

It would be poetic justice if media could show that Melania Trump worked illegally in the US in the 90s.

Malthus

I haven't seen this one yet:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fact-check-donald-trump-see-money-pouring-off-a-plane-in-iran/

The interesting thing about it is the best case scenario is that Trump is simply bald-facedly lying.

Worst case: that he saw a classified video due to his newfound security briefings and immediately talked about it at a press rally. This isn't possible, though, as he has yet to have any such briefings.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on August 04, 2016, 04:01:41 PM
It would be poetic justice if media could show that Melania Trump worked illegally in the US in the 90s.

I disagree. Again, it's the part of the nasty stuff I mentioned before. Unlike Bill Clinton, she is not a public person so dragging her through mud because you want to get at Trump is shitty.