News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Spain is very willing to accept Protestant rule of Amsterdam and points to the north of Antwerp, not to include Antwerp itself.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 14, 2013, 02:41:13 PM
Spain is very willing to accept Protestant rule of Amsterdam and points to the north of Antwerp, not to include Antwerp itself.

I think you should wait to surrender until you are actually threatened.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 14, 2013, 02:45:41 PM
Well, that didn't take long.

?

what made you assume my luck would rub off on Solmyr?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Sink galley in Genoa for the piracy hit.

47: 4 / Belgic Confession

2/4: Build fort in Panama
4/4: Venice to 2.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

#8: 2 / Elite Troops [COMBAT]
Play to gain 3 extra dice in a field battle. If played by the Ottoman or Spain, these 3 dice hit on a roll of 4, 5, or 6.

Message from England:
1/2 piracy vs spain in Guinea coast
2/2 naval move Hawkins to South Atlantic, dropping colony in Rio de Janiero

1 hit on piracy. Berkut to assign VP or treasure

Habbaku

Quote from: Maximus on April 14, 2013, 06:57:05 PM
#8: 2 / Elite Troops [COMBAT]
Play to gain 3 extra dice in a field battle. If played by the Ottoman or Spain, these 3 dice hit on a roll of 4, 5, or 6.

Message from England:
2/2 naval move Hawkins to South Atlantic, dropping colony in Rio de Janiero

1 hit on piracy. Berkut to assign VP or treasure
[/quote

It costs 2 CPs to initiate piracy, Max.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Maximus on April 14, 2013, 06:57:05 PM

"Initiate Piracy" is a 2 CP action for England (and everyone else), as shown on the power card.  I assume, since you rolled already, that you're skipping the following naval move?

Maximus

Well he sticks around in Guinea coast then

ulmont

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#71: 3 / Witchcraft
Draw and keep 1 random card from any other power OR Look at the cards in the hand of any other power and discard the card of your choice. Home cards can not be affected in either case.

Message from France:
Regular to Calais, merc to Paris.

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#31: 5 / Treachery!
Play against any fortified space that is currently under siege, even a space where a besieging power does not meet the requirements for assault. Immediately initiate an assault by a besieging power on the units within the fortifications. If after the assault, the besieging units still outnumber the units within, apply these results: all defending units are eliminated; defending leaders are captured; space becomes controlled by besieging power.

[FAQ: "Where a besieging power does not meet the requirements for assault" refers to situations where normal assault is not possible because of a lack of a LOC or because of the presence of enemy naval units.]

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4/5 Patronize Mercator
5/5 Recruit 1 merc in Pressburg

Science and the Arts are appreciated in the Empire.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Headed to bed.  Berkut knows my next play, so after Sol makes his play it's off to Spain to resolve my and his turns.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Protestants: Play Card as Operations

#43: 1 / Experienced Pilot [RESPONSE]
Add 1 to the Navigation Rating of a sea captain for the remainder of his voyage (up to a maximum Navigation Rating of 3). Does not change a Navigation Table result unless played before dice are rolled.

Message from Protestants:
Laudonniere to South Atlantic and dropping off colony.