1 (2.9%)
Less than once a week
2 (5.9%)
Almost never
12 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Martinus

Inspired by the fat thread.

By work-out, consider at least an hour of running, aerobics, weight lifting and/or similar sports.

I do it twice a week - I'd like to do it more often but simply have hard time finding time. Probably may pick up outdoor running once the weather gets better, so I could do it in the morning before work.

Zanza

Never or at least not regularly according to your criteria.

But I do run 45-50 minutes three times a week and occasionally do other sports (such as snowboarding, football, beachvolleyball etc.)

crazy canuck

It really depends on how the old lungs are doing but generally 3 or more times/week.

I have to laugh at all the folks who say that its too hard for them to work out.  If a guy with lung disease can do it...

Caliga

Twice a week (Wednesday night and Saturday morning).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2013, 11:50:05 AM
Inspired by the fat thread.

By work-out, consider at least an hour of running, aerobics, weight lifting and/or similar sports.

I do it twice a week - I'd like to do it more often but simply have hard time finding time. Probably may pick up outdoor running once the weather gets better, so I could do it in the morning before work.

Why an hour? That's arbitrary.

By your standards, I work out three times a week.
and the horse you rode in on

Valmy

Used to be about four to six times a week.

Now I have no time so just one time a week  :(

Fortunately this is only temporary.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Usually, three times a week - twice at the gym and once on the weekend (this winter, cross country skiing).

Edit: I'm proud to say I worked myself up to doing the 10K "hard" course at the ski place I go to - Hardwood Hills.  :) There is still one hill I can't get down without wiping out though - the "waterfall". It is very steep and has three big bumps on the hill, and the first two I can do just fine but the third always throws me.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Twice a week. Been keeping that up pretty regularly.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

merithyn

Quote from: Zanza on March 19, 2013, 11:51:41 AM
Never or at least not regularly according to your criteria.

But I do run 45-50 minutes three times a week and occasionally do other sports (such as snowboarding, football, beachvolleyball etc.)

This.

I run 30-40 minutes three times a week and do a circuit-training routine for 30 minutes twice a week.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

fhdz

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I do what is essentially a boxing workout:

10-min warmup, including deep stretches, jumping jacks, and jump rope
2 3-min "rounds" of pushups, crunches, and jumping jacks as fast as possible
1 3-min "round" of shadowboxing
1 3-min "round" of medicine ball work and wall sits

I follow all of that with Olympic-style weightlifting on the Stronglifts 5x5 plan.

The other 4 days a week I do pushups, pullups, crunches, and a bit of jump rope in the morning. Takes about 15 min.

DGuller

I find exercising to be mind-numbing, and I very rarely do things I find mind-numbing.

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on March 19, 2013, 12:51:55 PM
I find exercising to be mind-numbing, and I very rarely do things I find mind-numbing.

DGuller
Octogon Champion

:hmm:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

fhdz

Quote from: DGuller on March 19, 2013, 12:51:55 PM

You don't find that you think better after you've worked out? Interesting.

sbr

Recently never, I have thought about starting to ride a bike as my joints arent up for anything above no-impact and I hate swimming.

I do spend the entire day on my feet and walk at least a couple of miles a day.

Phillip V

Never an hour. :wacko:

Usually fewer than 10 minutes about two or three times a week.

In return for less exercise, I eat vegetables and very little "bad" food.