News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

News From The Land Of The Three.

Started by mongers, March 06, 2013, 07:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

That is the King, Crown Prince and whoever is the current power behind the throne  is (I forget, defence minister?). 

Saudi Arabia delays execution of seven facing crucifixion and firing squad

Security official says king will review sentences handed to group for armed robbery

Associated Press in Riyadh
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 5 March 2013 14.43 GMT

King Abdullah, centre, will review the sentences of the seven sentenced to death, a security official said. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images

The executions of seven Saudis sentenced to death by crucifixion and firing squad have been postponed for a week.

A Saudi security official said King Abdullah would review the sentences. He met families of the seven on Sunday.

The official said the ruler of the south-western province of Asir, Prince Faisal bin Abdel Aziz, had ordered the postponement.

The seven were juveniles at the time they were arrested for armed robbery, a capital offence in Saudi Arabia. One told Associated Press by telephone from prison that they were tortured to force them to confess and denied access to lawyers.

The link below contains the full item and a link to the original item, detailing how the 'convicted' might be executed. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/05/saudi-arabia-delays-execution

The main defendant, Sarhan al-Mashayeh, will be crucified for three days. The others will face firing squads

You guys are bombing the wrong countries and trying to free the wrong people.

*OK I exaggerated about The Three, but who actually matters in a Kleptocracy, the 5000 princes, a few religious authorities, heads of state corporations ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

We don't bomb every oppressive nation.  We just bomb the people connected to 9/11.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on March 06, 2013, 08:32:27 PM
We don't bomb every oppressive nation.  We just bomb the people connected to 9/11.

I see what you did there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2013, 08:34:20 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 06, 2013, 08:32:27 PM

I see what you did there.

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

I've read that the Kingdom has a flourishing underground gay scene.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2013, 08:52:40 PM
That means that mongers is right.  We are bombing the wrong Muslims.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2013, 08:52:40 PM

Of course they do;  they're Arabs.  Women are for procreation, men are for recreation.