Rand Paul Filibusters John Brennan, old school style

Started by jimmy olsen, March 06, 2013, 05:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2013, 04:28:48 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2013, 11:08:11 PM
Gave it some thought & I think McCain was being a dick today.

Not mavericky enough for you?

Too mavericky actually, but I guess it depends on how you look at it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Van Jones, of all people, is now defending the Paul filibuster. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 08, 2013, 12:11:26 PM
Van Jones, of all people, is now defending the Paul filibuster. :hmm:

Siding with the Marxist.   Tsk, tsk.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 01:03:58 PM
Actually the Marxist sided with Paul.

Which ever.  Commie support: tainted.  Get your white hood out, he must be tarred and feathered.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2013, 01:44:34 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 01:03:58 PM
Actually the Marxist sided with Paul.

Which ever.  Commie support: tainted.  Get your white hood out, he must be tarred and feathered.

I actually like those moments in politics where certain issues cut across well-defined political boundaries and create odd momentary alliances.  And btw you might want to ease up on the "white hood" crap.  You're better than that.

MadImmortalMan

His high-profile dinner got hijacked by the filibuster.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 08, 2013, 02:48:43 PM

Yep.  Whoops :lol:

Razgovory

After all your cracks about Robert Byrd?  What goes around, comes around.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2013, 03:28:04 PM

After all your cracks about Robert Byrd?  What goes around, comes around.

Not sure I follow.  Are you Robert Byrd?  :huh:

Seriously, how did my cracks about Robert Byrd ever try to paint you as a racist?

Razgovory

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2013, 03:31:52 PM
They hurt. Derspeiss, they hurt. :(

He's gone, Raz.  He can't hurt any of us anymore.

derspiess

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point