News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Harry could get Daschled

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 20, 2009, 04:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Being from a purple state hurts when the leader of the House is Queen Pelosi and there's no opposition anywhere. If Harry goes down, I'm blaming her.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Scipio

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 20, 2009, 04:39:25 PM

Being from a purple state hurts when the leader of the House is Queen Pelosi and there's no opposition anywhere. If Harry goes down, I'm blaming her.

Harry Reid needs to take off his skirt and start acting like a man.  No, it's not a kilt.  Mormons don't wear kilts.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

MadImmortalMan

alfred russel

It seems both parties will only select congressional leaders that push a less than moderate agenda. Either the democrats need to change that model, or stop putting people from states like South Dakota or Nevada in leadership roles.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Fate

:lol:

Notice the polling question has been phrased such that it's "replace" and not a Republican candidate. Why? The Republicans have no one capable of beating Harry. The top GOP contenders for the seat have all taken passes in 2010.

The Brain

I was overwhelmed by numbers and uninteresting text and so I quit reading the thread.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Fate on May 20, 2009, 05:27:02 PM
:lol:

Notice the polling question has been phrased such that it's "replace" and not a Republican candidate. Why? The Republicans have no one capable of beating Harry. The top GOP contenders for the seat have all taken passes in 2010.
LOLOL FUNNEH
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadImmortalMan

I'm sure it will tighten up once an actual opponent becomes part of the question. Any poll that says, "Harry vs candidate X, which do you prefer?", and the person being asked can insert any candidate they want as candidate X, is naturally going to favor X. It's more a referendum on peoples' current attitude toward Reid than it is a benchmark on whether he's going to be defeated, IMO.

It also shows that his traditional amount of support from the GOP side is eroding. That's too bad really. Just part of the continuing process of polarization I guess. I still blame Pelosi.

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 20, 2009, 05:51:34 PM
I still blame Pelosi.

Yeah because Reid has no fault in his shaming. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Knight Rider TOS is on TV right now. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on May 20, 2009, 05:54:47 PM
Knight Rider TOS

:bleeding:

There's a series that didn't warrant a reboot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?