News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on January 23, 2010, 06:57:19 AM
Are there still people around who haven't played normal RPGs? What in the name of fuck?

I'm highly wary of what you consider "normal".

Cow fucker.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: katmai on January 23, 2010, 06:58:44 AM
Quote from: The Brain on January 23, 2010, 06:57:19 AM
Are there still people around who haven't played normal RPGs? What in the name of fuck?

I'm highly wary of what you consider "normal".

Cow fucker.

/rquit
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Giving HoI3 another try as the Soviets. Squee!

Press a button, and bunch of officers die. Mew.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 23, 2010, 11:04:48 AM

I'll give it another try some time.  Maybe I'll wait till the first broken expansion first.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 23, 2010, 11:04:48 AM

And after the German AI botched Barbarossa and I turned Army Group Center into a giant kessel, I quit.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I played Halo 2 yesterday for the first time ever.  Also tried out ODST.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grallon

Is anyone still playing 'Geo-Political Simulator'?  Is it worth getting?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 28, 2010, 10:20:24 AM
I played Halo 2 yesterday for the first time ever.  Also tried out ODST.

Was Halo 2 any good?  I played Halo 1 on the PC and never understood what the big fuss was about that game.  It was terribly average.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Iormlund

I'm playing a delicious little freeware game called Battleships Forever. Looks kind of Gratuitous Space Battles, only with pseudo-vector graphics.

The Brain

Is Tropico 3 good? I got it when Steam had 66% off. I've never played a Tropico before and since my gaming group has yet to get around to playing Junta (I have just fondled my copy a bit) I thought what the hell.

Jaron

I have it and for what its worth, I had fun with it. I stopped playing it not because the game was bad, but because I didnt have the time for it.

My islands kept falling to revolutions and shit though. :angry:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Quote from: Jaron on January 31, 2010, 04:55:59 AM
I have it and for what its worth, I had fun with it. I stopped playing it not because the game was bad, but because I didnt have the time for it.

My islands kept falling to revolutions and shit though. :angry:

I'm thinking about ruling with an iron fist.

Jaron

I tried doing that but I kept going broke.

I built a prison and rebels came out of the jungles and burned down the construction site.  :glare:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

I'm surprised that you didn't do better considering your racial bond with the Tropicans. Or maybe that was the problem.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on January 31, 2010, 04:54:15 AM
since my gaming group has yet to get around to playing Junta (I have just fondled my copy a bit)

Now that's just a fucking crime.