Faced with blindness, deaf twins choose euthanasia

Started by jimmy olsen, January 14, 2013, 06:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I understand the choice of the brothers, but from the perspective of the doctor, it just feels very off to off two adults who still had decades of lifespan left.  It's essentially a voluntary execution.

Ed Anger

Boy, if I could pick Languish posters to be euthanized.....

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 15, 2013, 08:20:01 PM
Sounds like a good subject for a new thread.  :hmm:

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2013, 08:21:32 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 15, 2013, 08:20:01 PM
Sounds like a good subject for a new thread.  :hmm:

I have almost started that thread like a dozen times.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Maybe, instead of a Languish thread, we could get an on-line petition going to the White House to have Timmy euthanized.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

dps

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 16, 2013, 08:57:51 AM
Is this really euthanasia or suicide?

They received lethal injections at a hospital.  I'd say that makes it euthanasia.  If they'd poisoned themselves, it would be suicide.