The 2013 NFL Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS??? Morathread

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

So far, Atlanta is making me feel better about the Seahawks loss.

Neil

Quote from: sbr on January 20, 2013, 02:37:19 PM
Rich Eisen came up with that and has been pimping it hard.  I still prefer Matty Ice.
Yeah.  Anyone on the NFL Network who uses 'Matty Ice' always immediately recants and praises Eisen.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 20, 2013, 03:54:18 PM
We'll see if they fold in the second half again.  The Falcons aren't Charger-soft by any means, but for all their success and explosiveness they don't quite seem to have 'it'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on January 20, 2013, 03:58:05 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 20, 2013, 03:54:18 PM
We'll see if they fold in the second half again.  The Falcons aren't Charger-soft by any means, but for all their success and explosiveness they don't quite seem to have 'it'.

Dunno if they have "it", but they have something-- though that doesn't seem to include the ability to protect huge leads.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Dammit falcons.  Get a score before the end of the half please.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2013, 03:24:29 PM
Security guy's gonna be sore tomorrow.

His head didn't hit the mat.  Just had the wind knocked out of him.

Looked like it was going to be a massacree there for a while.  Glad the Niners made it a game.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

I jinxed the Niners by telling my Lola to get ready to see a touchdown.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Admiral Yi

Neil

Well, that's it for Atlanta.  We have half of a Harbowl.

Kleves

:bleeding: I guess there's no lead the Falcons can't choke away.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Excellent game, both teams played to type:  Niners wake up late, Atlanta folds late.