Will a Horrific Bus Gang-Rape in Delhi Finally Change India's Culture of Rape?

Started by jimmy olsen, December 21, 2012, 01:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2015, 09:55:31 AM
I am not sure we can be too judgmental about horrifying sexual assault attitudes.

Oh, I think we can.

QuoteHowever not even the most barbarous Neanderthal over here would want to light a girl on fire for being raped so I guess we have that going for us.

Unfortunately there are; the difference is what society does about it.

Valmy

Well ok I guess there are always a few.  But they generally are not attorneys thinking this would be a good way to get sympathy for their client so maybe we have that going for us.  I hope anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Gups

Strange that the victim, the driver/rapist and one of the lawyers are all called Singh. Usually this is a Sikh name and Sikhs are very modern in their views on women (women priests have been common in Sikhism since it was founded 500 years ago)

Valmy

I know it is traditionally a Sikh name but over the centuries maybe it spread to the other religious groups?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Gups

Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2015, 10:07:25 AM
I know it is traditionally a Sikh name but over the centuries maybe it spread to the other religious groups?

Yeah, there are plenty of Hindus with Singh as a name.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point