News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fogh for NATO?

Started by bogh, March 10, 2009, 04:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2011, 11:26:33 AM
Reading "nationen!" is like banging your head against a wall. Repeatedly. But I still read it... why is that? :P

It's so full of obvious trolls it's not even funny.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on December 14, 2011, 08:23:06 AM
In Spain we have the same arguments about our politicians' lack of work experience in anything but politics.
Same in the UK.  All three party leaders went from university to work for their parties or politicians, then became MPs, then cabinet/shadow cabinet members, then party leaders.  I think they've each got a token 2-3 years outside politics.  I don't mind the idea of having a political class, but it needs to bring the benefit of actually being good at politics.  These guys don't :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Anyone betting on the Queen's speech? Utøya, Libya or the financial crisis are all good options for odds 2.0. I'm going with odds 4 for her dress being green.

Happy New Years!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Resurrecting the Dane Thread. The biggest lock out in Danish history is soon upon us, 60000 teachers (including Gumby?) being locked out of school because of failing to agree to a 'settlement'.

I'm rooting for Bondo and the union for this mainly because Ziegler seems very douchey :P (but the teacher schedules do need a look through).
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Hey man, it's your taxes, spend 'em how you want to.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2013, 08:17:42 PM
Hey man, it's your taxes, spend 'em how you want to.
Eh? I don't think that how democracies works.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on March 29, 2013, 07:54:24 AM

Kind of.  If the current government won't give the teachers what they want, vote for someone else that will.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2013, 08:52:44 AM
Quote from: Liep on March 29, 2013, 07:54:24 AM

Kind of.  If the current government won't give the teachers what they want, vote for someone else that will.
Oh, well.. it's going to be more expensive this way afaik. They want to change how the teachers spend their time.

And also, we haven't had a government this far to the left since the 60's, at least in theory.

Liep

While our PM was flirting with Obama her government began to slowly fall apart at home. The Justice Minister was booted by the parliament yesterday, the Foreign Minister is quitting because of poor health (leaving no one with any skill to take over), and today the head of one of the coalition parties and Social Affairs Minister might get booted as well for granting away a million kroner ignoring proper procedure.

But that selfie brought Denmark international headlines like nothing have since those cartoons!

In other news, Fogh gets another year as head of NATO.

derspiess

The selfie pic was good, but this one's my favorite:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

:lol:

Also almost looks like he was bowing to Raul Castro in a different pic  :ultra:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall