Do you have a favorite living public figure/celebrity?

Started by Martinus, December 06, 2012, 02:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2012, 10:37:02 AM
Anyway, there are some public figures I admire, but I can't think of anyone, at least not anyone living, whom I idolize to the extent Marti seems to indicate in his "Oh please oh please ask me who mine is" fishing post.

:lol:

CountDeMoney

Anyway, there are some public figures I admire, but I can't think of anyone, at least not anyone living, whom I idolize to the extent Marti seems to indicate in his "Oh please oh please ask me who mine is" fishing post.

:lol:  Saw that one coming like the sunrise.

Queequeg

Terrance Malick, Umberto Eco, Paul Thomas Anderson and Jay Z.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Jacob

:D  I just watched an American Dad episode the other day where Stan's wife, trying to prove a point, asked him if he liked Brit Hume.  Stand replied, "You know damned well I like Brit Hume!"  Just had that stuck in my head.

I don't know who Brit Hume is, but your description of Marti's post is astute :)

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on December 06, 2012, 12:31:08 PM
:D  I just watched an American Dad episode the other day where Stan's wife, trying to prove a point, asked him if he liked Brit Hume.  Stand replied, "You know damned well I like Brit Hume!"  Just had that stuck in my head.

I don't know who Brit Hume is, but your description of Marti's post is astute :)

He's kind of a bland Fox News anchor.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2012, 12:38:07 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 06, 2012, 10:47:59 AM
I mean besides RG3  :P

Enjoy him while he lasts.

No shit.  Keeps playing the way he is, I give him 5 seasons before he's tossed onto the pile of perpetually injured QBs, with Vick and McNair.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2012, 01:31:30 PM
No shit.  Keeps playing the way he is, I give him 5 seasons before he's tossed onto the pile of perpetually injured QBs, with Vick and McNair.

Ok if we are going to have a serious football discussion lets take it to the NFL thread.  That was just a joke on my part.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

No favourites, certainly not any entertainer/celebrity.

In politics,none, save for a lot of respect for gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"