Main Menu

River cruise vacations

Started by Caliga, November 27, 2012, 01:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2012, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 27, 2012, 03:18:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2012, 03:13:39 PM
On that note I can highly recommend canoe cruises down the Yukon river. :)

Do you also call an outhouse a spa?

There are precious few outhouses along the side of the Yukon River, CC.

That may be but I am not sure what that has to do with calling a trip in a canoe a River Cruise. 

Josephus

I'd love to do one of those Russian river cruises someday.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2012, 01:45:38 PM
I actually told my mom that I would need some time in Vienna and Budapest to hang out with my niggas. :cool:

I think Beetlejuice lives in one of the smaller burgs.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 27, 2012, 03:29:04 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2012, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 27, 2012, 03:18:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2012, 03:13:39 PM
On that note I can highly recommend canoe cruises down the Yukon river. :)

Do you also call an outhouse a spa?

There are precious few outhouses along the side of the Yukon River, CC.

That may be but I am not sure what that has to do with calling a trip in a canoe a River Cruise.

It's a river, and you cruise down it.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cruise
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Oh look, a bunch of Canuckleheads are peeing on my thread. :)

Caliga

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2012, 04:38:16 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2012, 04:37:23 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2012, 04:35:09 PM
Who?

Our Maygyar komrade.
Oh, I thought he lived in Budapest, or right outside it. :hmm:

Nope.  He's in the far boonies.

Mind you everything's relative - I think you can drive across the entire country in a couple of hours.

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2012, 04:37:47 PM
Oh look, a bunch of Canuckleheads are peeing on my thread. :)
we're just trying to help you :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2012, 04:40:54 PM
Nope.  He's in the far boonies.
I wonder how he managed to get on TEH INTERNETS, or write English... or write anything, for that matter. :ph34r:

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2012, 01:39:58 PM
So now that Turks and Caicos is behind us my parents are talking about the next family vacation and proposed a Danube cruise; the itinerary they picked out goes from Passau to Budapest with stops in Linz, Vienna, Bratislava, and some other places.

Anyone ever done one of these things?

I haven't done a cruise...really the idea horrifies me but at least in the case of ocean cruises it gives a chance to see a lot of places. Rather than do a river cruise, why not do a road trip? Finding random things in small towns that interest you can be rather rewarding and a bit adventuresome (eg, Tomas).

Or get around by train (I think Prague, Salzburg, Dresden, Bratislava, Budapest, and Krakow are all within 3 hours of Vienna).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on November 27, 2012, 05:15:11 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2012, 01:39:58 PM
So now that Turks and Caicos is behind us my parents are talking about the next family vacation and proposed a Danube cruise; the itinerary they picked out goes from Passau to Budapest with stops in Linz, Vienna, Bratislava, and some other places.

Anyone ever done one of these things?

I haven't done a cruise...really the idea horrifies me but at least in the case of ocean cruises it gives a chance to see a lot of places. Rather than do a river cruise, why not do a road trip? Finding random things in small towns that interest you can be rather rewarding and a bit adventuresome (eg, Tomas).

Or get around by train (I think Prague, Salzburg, Dresden, Bratislava, Budapest, and Krakow are all within 3 hours of Vienna).

The appeal (as I understand it) is you're not constantly packing and unpacking.  You're in one constant stateroom.  It's as if you stay in your same hotel, but the hotel moves from city to city during the night.

Pedrito

I did a Nile cruise several years ago, from Cairo to Aswan.

One of the best holidays I've ever had.

Never cruised european rivers, but some time ago I was thinking of renting a small boat and do either the Camargue area or the Loire river with the family.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josephus

I took one of those canal taxis through Amsterdam. Does that count?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011