How to live without irony (or: why Hipsters are poisonous)

Started by Syt, November 21, 2012, 02:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Hipsters don't do too well in Wyoming - I think the state limits the hunting permits, but each one is allowed at least to bucks.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

And refurbished diner furniture from Bob's Big Boy. "Look! A two-person booth!"

Ed Anger

I get the more rare midwestern hipster.  Their prime breeding grounds being Wright st., UD and the 3 community colleges in the area.

The Midwestern hipster wants to goto New York, but his or her parents can't afford to send their special snowflake there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 21, 2012, 09:17:35 PM
The Midwestern hipster wants to goto New York, but his or her parents can't afford to send their special snowflake there.

But Columbus is so close.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2012, 09:21:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 21, 2012, 09:17:35 PM

But Columbus is so close.

I should ask my goddaughter if they are infested with hipsters up there.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 21, 2012, 09:24:05 PM

I've probably been there more recently than you, and I can give you a resounding yes on that.  I've been to ComFest, the Brewery District.  It ain't purdy, man.

Razgovory

My brother might be a hipster, but it could act the way he does because he's gay.  Or that he's an idiot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2012, 09:31:46 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 21, 2012, 09:24:05 PM

I've probably been there more recently than you, and I can give you a resounding yes on that.  I've been to ComFest, the Brewery District.  It ain't purdy, man.

Kasich needs to call out the guard then.

Admiral Yi