News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

I'm at @crazy_ivan80
no idea what my toon is named :D
Doesn't matter anyway as it's beta :p

Barrister

So I still fully reserve the right to change my mind on this.  But after completing the tutorial... this game rocks.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Tamas on January 13, 2010, 01:16:43 AM
Ok, got it patched and quick-created a tactical officer, whatshisname, see pic. Will give it a go after work.

Ugh.  I forgot how much I dislike the latest Federation uniforms.  If I bought the game, I'd definitely go the Classic Trek uniform deal route.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2010, 02:09:12 AM
So I still fully reserve the right to change my mind on this.  But after completing the tutorial... this game rocks.

You realize that if this tanks, this is your Vanguard, no?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 13, 2010, 03:17:37 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 13, 2010, 01:16:43 AM
Ok, got it patched and quick-created a tactical officer, whatshisname, see pic. Will give it a go after work.

Ugh.  I forgot how much I dislike the latest Federation uniforms.  If I bought the game, I'd definitely go the Classic Trek uniform deal route.

They added in the open beta CC the TNG movie uniform.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on January 13, 2010, 12:17:16 AM
For alci, cal and GF, CI and any others.

Created an languish chat channel ingame, makes it easier to keep in contact.
Aight, I'll check it out tonight.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

The download failed again (not from fileshack this time).  What's the deal with that?  I just ended up going with the torrent this time...should be done in a little while (~3 to 4 hours), unless something else fucks up somehow.   :huh:

I'll actually be around to eyeball this one to see exactly when it fails this time.

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on January 13, 2010, 01:30:36 AM
Tamas you are hideous!

Oh and so is your character! :P

Like i said there is a languish chat channel as that is the easiest way to find others if you are so interested :P

How do we join said channel?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 13, 2010, 06:36:21 AM
The download failed again (not from fileshack this time).  What's the deal with that?  I just ended up going with the torrent this time...should be done in a little while (~3 to 4 hours), unless something else fucks up somehow.   :huh:

I'll actually be around to eyeball this one to see exactly when it fails this time.

Computer goes to sleep? HDD are turned off when the Monitor is too?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2010, 06:51:41 AM
Computer goes to sleep? HDD are turned off when the Monitor is too?

Yeah, that stuff messes things up sometimes, but I don't even have the monitor turn itself off anymore, since it got irritating when I was watching movies or just zoning out for hours ( :P) or whatever.   Last night, I just turned the monitor off and left everything else running.  Came back downstairs this morning, and there's nothing there.  A 1kb zip file and that's it in the target folder (when I went to bed, the DL was at about 35%).   :hmm:

Eh...oh well...the torrent is downloading pretty quickly/smoothly.  It'll be done right around 9am, then I guess I'll have to DL whatever large patch they released.

Tamas

Uhm, by default, your network card may have the hardware setting of allowing Windows to put it to sleep in case on inactivity. Turn that off.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tamas on January 13, 2010, 07:12:27 AM
Uhm, by default, your network card may have the hardware setting of allowing Windows to put it to sleep in case on inactivity. Turn that off.

Nope that's still unchecked.  vOv 

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2010, 06:49:59 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 13, 2010, 01:30:36 AM
Tamas you are hideous!

Oh and so is your character! :P

Like i said there is a languish chat channel as that is the easiest way to find others if you are so interested :P

How do we join said channel?

R-click on Chat window in lower left corner, it brings up a window, click the center tab that says channel and in the join/create window type in languish
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Finally got this patched and everything early this morning before work.

Fired it up....and it locked up on the loading screen with some kind of data compression error.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned