News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 11:44:31 PM
Monthly fee.  Just not set yet.

Quote from: katmaiPretty sure it will be standard $14.99 per month
with discounts if you buy in 6 months blocks etc...

Oh okay.  Thanks guys.

Barrister

You can buy time cards on Amazon for $30.  $15 per month is all but announced.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Alcibiades

Doesn't sound like the Klingons are developed very well...
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

Barrister

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 12, 2010, 12:29:33 AM
Doesn't sound like the Klingons are developed very well...

The Klingons are designed as a PvP faction.  They have a few PvE scenarios, but mostly it's intended you'll PvP for most of your experience.

For good or bad, they were never intended as a faction equal to the Federation.

Barrister

Heh - my launcher is now patching.

Only a 2.5 GB patch.

Barrister

But that's a good thing since it's my fileplanet CB launcher, and there was always a small risk the game would tell me to start from scratch.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2010, 12:29:46 AM
And MBM - why two Eve accounts?

I have two eve accounts, and so does CDM.  One for pvp, one for making money and mining...  :sleep:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2010, 12:29:46 AM
And MBM - why two Eve accounts?

One (the main) for fun, scouting, and hauling, the other for not fun (mining), jihading or stealth bombing, and sitting in a capital ship 24/7 ready to jump wherever the hell.  Three players per account in Eve, and you can only train skills on one per acct.

Eve kinda sucks like that. 

QuoteI have two eve accounts, and so does CDM.  One for pvp, one for making money and mining...  :sleep:

Yeah.  Berkut has at least a couple, and vM has a whole fleet of alts.

Barrister

Damn, I am reminded yet again that Eve = serious business.

Alcibiades

Yeah, no way I'm paying for a third.  I second guess two accounts every once in a while!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 12, 2010, 12:45:23 AM
Yeah, no way I'm paying for a third.  I second guess two accounts every once in a while!

Same.  It's too bad really.  I was kinda looking forward to nerding it up in a Star Trek game.  Oh well.  BACK TO THE SPREADSHEETS

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 12, 2010, 12:47:27 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on January 12, 2010, 12:45:23 AM

Same.  It's too bad really.  I was kinda looking forward to nerding it up in a Star Trek game.  Oh well.  BACK TO THE SPREADSHEETS

Hunt around, there's a fair chance you can at least get an open beta account.  Then see if you like it.

Alcibiades

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 12, 2010, 12:47:27 AM

Just train your miner for a dread.  You don't need a dedicated Dred pilot.   :yuk:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2010, 12:49:22 AM
Hunt around, there's a fair chance you can at least get an open beta account.  Then see if you like it.

I'll probably just end up waiting until it's released and firing up whatever they have for a trial account and checking it out then.   

The thing is, I actually find Eve to be pretty fun (although I take regular breaks from it), so I'm not going to cancel/pause any accounts in favor of this one unless it's just exceptional.  Better to wait for the launch bugs to be ironed out, etc, before giving it it's shot.

I'll definitely try it in a little while though.

QuoteJust train your miner for a dread.  You don't need a dedicated Dred pilot.   :yuk:

I do if the dread pilot is going to be in Goonfleet (he is).  I don't like having to sneak around avoiding wardecs and shit in my miner.  The damn jihadis and whatever copycats are around are bad enough. 

I'll probably end up with a pair of dread pilots, since the main is only a couple of skills away from hopping into a dread as it is and I'm sure I'll finally cave and train them at some point.  :nerd: