News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

I'll probably get it, play with you guys for like a month, and then get bored. it's worked for WoW and City of Heroes lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on January 03, 2010, 10:56:46 PM
Anyone know how PvP will work? Are they going to have mutliple servers with different rulesets?

Katmai is correct.

One big server, so no multiple rule sets.

Universe seems to be heavily instanced.  PvP in instanced 'battlegrounds'.  I think there is also PvP in the neutral zone.  Seems heavily designed around a "no ganking" ruleset.

Klingons are designed as the PvP-heavily faction, with not so much PvE content.  However (supposedly) Klingons can advance entirely through PvP, in particular because they can do Klingon factional PvP combat.

And I don't know about the double arm chop, but the game does have hand-to-hand combat...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on January 03, 2010, 07:26:29 PM

Really - this is all way too confusing, but I guess it works since they managed to get katmai to buy the same game twice.   :rolleyes:  :P

If plausible, maybe I'll offer to take one off his hands.  :P

Grey Fox

It's going to be like Champions Online, 1 server multiple instances of the same area.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: HVC on January 04, 2010, 12:30:00 AM
I'll probably get it, play with you guys for like a month, and then get bored. it's worked for WoW and City of Heroes lol

That's why I try to resist.

OTOH it'll probably look like shit on my laptop, anyways. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Yeah - this could be a game I get really into.  But I have no hopes about any of you fickle musheads sticking around to play it either.  So I think the trick will be to try and find a decent guild (or whatever they're called) fairly early on.

Caliga

If I play this game, my name shall be "Captain Eo."  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2010, 11:44:42 AM
Yeah - this could be a game I get really into.  But I have no hopes about any of you fickle musheads sticking around to play it either.  So I think the trick will be to try and find a decent guild (or whatever they're called) fairly early on.

You are not that different from us :P

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 04, 2010, 11:50:32 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2010, 11:44:42 AM

You are not that different from us :P

*cough* Republic of Rome *cough*

Grey Fox

Barrister

Oh I admit I'm a fickle mushead when it comes to playig boardgames online.   :(

Barrister

It won't really matter for the Open Beta, but trying to think of interesting archtypes I might want to play as my permanent toon.  There are so many 'canon' species in Star Trek I doubt I'll just holus-bolus invent a new one, but using the character creation tools you can create a race that looks like just about anything ever seen in Star Trek.

-I could stick with what I know and try for a HOTT female human/vulcan/bajoran/trill/whatever
-Andriod science office
-Klingon or Romulan traitor/defector
-an old-school Tellarite
-straight up Human male (makes naming a lot easier)
-Cardassian refugee
-try to make a Caitian (ST: The Animated Series FTW!)
-a Dominion race traitor/defector
-a Betazoid (looks just like human, but telepathic!)

As you can tell, I'm bored at work.   :blush:

katmai

:lol:

I know I'll try my own creation for Beta, as for final game,
I wanna see what exactly the perks the joined trill get since I bought the DDE.
maybe an Andorian.
Or plain old human.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

For ship names I think I'll borrow from names of Yukon River Boats. :nerd:

U.S.S. Klondike anyone?  How about the U.S.S. Tutshi or U.S.S. Tanana?

Oh and good point about the joined trill benefits...