Fiscal Cliff MEGATHREAD: Wile E. Economy falls off, lands in cloud at bottom

Started by CountDeMoney, November 13, 2012, 10:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

So what did you want me to do Yi?  Admit to be wrong about arguments I made only in your head?  And if I was to do that, I'm suppose to just take your word for it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Who said you were a cheerleader Raz?  You might have been, but I don't remember it.  My impression is you've always been a very consistent change the subject type of guy.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2013, 04:19:41 PM
Who said you were a cheerleader Raz?  You might have been, but I don't remember it.  My impression is you've always been a very consistent change the subject type of guy.

:lol:

garbon

As a result of the sequester - fleet week is cancelled.  They've gone too far. :ultra:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Which fleet week?  I know they cancelled the one for the Portland rose festival for the same reason.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

New York City's.

Meri - wiki link below, but basically a period of time when the city is full of men in uniform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleet_Week
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 08:44:44 AM
New York City's.

Meri - wiki link below, but basically a period of time when the city is full of men in uniform.

:blink:

How did I not know of this?

Oh. Right. I live in the middle of fucking hell with no water to speak of so why would I know about something like this? :frusty: :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 08:51:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 08:44:44 AM
New York City's.

:blink:

How did I not know of this?

Oh. Right. I live in the middle of fucking hell with no water to speak of so why would I know about something like this? :frusty: :mad:

I knew about it.  It gets mentioned all the time on TV.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Fleet week is great.  They sail DDGs and LHDs right up the Hudson and there are all sorts of naval oriented events.  Sailors get some liberty.  It's like Anchors Aweigh but in a real city.  ;)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Brazen