Main Menu

Languishing some more.

Started by Maximus, November 07, 2012, 01:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Solmyr

Oh, and according to this apparently I should get another VP, thanks to Tamas:

Quote2 / Dragut Falls [RESPONSE]
Play just after a stack containing Dragut has been involved in a combat or piracy attempt. After finishing the combat or piracy procedure, roll a die. On a roll of 4, 5, or 6, eliminate Dragut from the game (place Uluch Ali with the leaders entering next turn). On a 1, 2, or 3, place Dragut on the Turn Track; he reenters play next turn. OR Play if Spain controls the Djerba/Tripoli space. Eliminate Dragut from the game, place Uluch Ali with the leaders entering next turn, and award 1 War Winner VP to Spain. Remove card from play if Dragut is eliminated.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on February 10, 2013, 02:00:20 PM
I'm not allowed to show your hand to other people, I'm allowed to see it and then tell other people. Plus it might benefit me that some players know some but not all of your cards.

You are not allowed to talk to anyone privately during the turn. If you reveal anything you have to reveal it to everyone.

Tamas

#79: 3 / Synod of Emden

Message from France:
3 mercs to Paris

ulmont

1 merc to Vienna.  File sent; Max up.

Maximus

de Sores pirates the Chilean Coast for a treasure and a VP.

He will probably return home, but I'll wait to see the treasure.

Solmyr

It's a 1 CP treasure.

And you cannot return home from there, since it has Cape Horn in between. You'll have to pirate again in a zone from which you can trace a clear path, or wait until winter. See 16.5, step 7.

Maximus

Influence Scotland with the last cp.

File sent, over to sbr

sbr

#46: 4 / Spanish Fury [RESPONSE]

Message from Ottoman:
1/4 Ali and the fleet attack the Venetian Galley again.

Killed the venetian galley and lost another corsair.  moved to pirate Spain in Ionian sea and lost my last 2 corsairs before they got a shot off.

At this point we should just declare Sol winner, there doesn't seem to be any way to stop him.

Solmyr

Wut? France can give me a run for my money with all the VP they can still rake in. And it's not like I have many potential sources myself.

Spanish Inquisition is poor at conversion but good at espionage. "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" Also English show me their hand and discard a card.

Then Viking is up.

Viking

It seems that if sol could have picked his own dice results rather than rolling he would have gotten the same results as he has so far this turn.

Edit: Seriously, it seems virtually my entire turns hand has been negated by one spanish 2 cp treasure.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

I wasn't talking about a mathematical analysis of vps, I was talking about the general flow of the game.  Every threat to Spain just seems to roll over and die due to absurd luck on dice.

Tamas

#108: 2 / English Recusants

Message from France:
Spain takes 6 Catholic conversion attempts that can affect spaces in England and/or Scotland. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly.

Do it Spain. No file

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on February 11, 2013, 09:56:23 AM
#108: 2 / English Recusants

Message from France:
Spain takes 6 Catholic conversion attempts that can affect spaces in England and/or Scotland. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly.

Do it Spain. No file

Yeah, 'cause Spain at 23 VP and a scientist out really needs more VPs from religious spaces.