News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I think Wisconsin may have been called for Obama too soon.  Romney is substantially up there with 15% of the vote counted.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

'It's a perplexing time for many of us if things continue as they have earlier tonight' :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

I love the escalating scale of certainty on CBS.  Nevada's gone from too close to call, to lean Obama, to likely Obama, 'but it is not yet projected for Obama' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

OttoVonBismarck

Hmm, wow I guess I'm surprised.

Mind that Ohio all the early voting we knew was going big Obama, but Romney is narrowing the lead there steadily...whereas I don't see Florida, with 86% in, going for Romney at this point. So I'm calling Florida for Obama.

We could end up in theory with Obama losing Ohio and winning Florida, so instead of winning 290-248, he'd win 292-246. Now, he could also win Ohio too in which case his margin would be bigger.

But for me...I see the race narrowing and narrowing in Ohio, but in Florida Obama is maintaining his lead and we have almost 90% in...will be hard for Romney to win there.

OttoVonBismarck

I've been playing some CK2 during this, election isn't keeping my interest as I had expected...

mongers

Quality throthing on Fox, equating Benghazi with Watergate.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

I love that "Class warfare" scream on Fox News, that channel is just way more lively and fun compared to CBS. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Fox News are now projecting Ohio for... "NOT YET!" "NOT YET!". :D
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2012, 10:18:02 PM
I think Wisconsin may have been called for Obama too soon.  Romney is substantially up there with 15% of the vote counted.

I've seen that...but I've seen States like this called before and usually correctly. I think what happens is the networks see some early returns that are heavily in the loser's area of the State, and their exits are strong everywhere else for the other guy, so the network calls it for the other guy even though technically reported votes aren't yet in the winners favor.

Sheilbh

I agree with this tweet by a Republican consultant who was McCain's campaign chief in 2000 and (early 2008), and for Huntsman in 2012:
'To do list: Get right /Hispanics (rapidos); embrace science; deal with fiscal cliff responsibly; tax reform for everyone; marriage freedom.'
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

More old people will need to die first though.

Caliga

OttoVonBismarck

I'm all for more dead old people, regardless of their political positions.

OttoVonBismarck

Someone was droning on being interviewed on NBC but I agree with what he said. "The Democrats are the bigger tent party." That's pretty much why I expected Romney to lose (and the polling, obviously), the GOP has become so rigid we don't want to accept anyone who doesn't fit within a narrow band of policy positions. That makes it extremely difficult to win national elections.