Nanny Suspected In Stabbing Deaths Of 2 Children Remains Hospitalized

Started by garbon, October 26, 2012, 09:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10/26/nanny-suspected-in-stabbing-deaths-of-2-children-remains-hospitalized/

QuoteA nanny is hospitalized in critical condition after police said she killed two children she was caring for and then tried to kill herself.

Marina Krim returned home to her luxury apartment building at 75th and Columbus Avenue to find two of her kids dead.

Police said Krim found her 2-year-old son Leo and 6-year-old daughter Lulu in the bathtub, stabbed multiple times. The nanny was on the floor with apparent self-inflicted wounds on her throat, police said.

"Her screams were heard by a neighbor, who alerted police, who arrived and found the children dead," NYPD Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne said.

Krim was hospitalized for trauma Thursday night. Her husband had just returned from a business trip and was reportedly told the devastating news at the airport.

"It's unbelievable, unbelievable. I can't imagine what the mother is feeling," neighbor Charles Zimmerman said.

Krim kept a loving blog about her children on livejournal.com called "Life With The Little Krim Kids." It was filled with thousands of posts and pictures.

She last posted at 2:30 p.m. Thursday, just three hours before she discovered the bodies.

She wrote:

Leo speaks in the most adorable way possible. Firstly, he speaks super clearly, so you can understand every word is is saying. And he does things like, "I want a fresh bagel" and "Dito (what he calls himself) wants cold milk" and most adorable of all, "No thank you"-he never uses "No" alone, it's always paired with "thank you".

Police said it's still unclear how long the nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, worked for the family.

So far, no charges have been filed.

I can't even imagine how traumatizing that would be. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

merithyn

I've seen the headlines, but have deliberately avoided reading the articles. I just... yeah. I can't do it.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on October 26, 2012, 09:07:39 AM
I've seen the headlines, but have deliberately avoided reading the articles. I just... yeah. I can't do it.

Yeah, I kind of wish I'd continued to avoid. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I didn't realize that they had a third child who was with the mother at the time. That child is going to be smothered with maternal protection now.

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on October 26, 2012, 12:36:10 PM
I didn't realize that they had a third child who was with the mother at the time. That child is going to be smothered with maternal protection now.
Does mother have time? Maybe she will get a new nanny.

garbon

Some other article states she was a state at home mom until last year.

CountDeMoney

If Tamas wants to argue over believing in the existence of God, it's stories like this that are a much better starting point.

CountDeMoney

QuotePolice said it's still unclear how long the nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, worked for the family.

I bet she doesn't even have proper voter identification, either.

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on October 26, 2012, 12:43:30 PM
Dude, even Languish has a line we don't cross with black humor.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 01:03:32 PM
If Tamas wants to argue over believing in the existence of God, it's stories like this that are a much better starting point.

Yeah. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2012, 01:08:05 PM
Dude, even Languish has a line we don't cross with black humor.

It's a douchebaggy yet valid question.  Downsized by 66%, she may not need one anymore.

merithyn

You're such a prick.

Yes, let's blame the mother for not being home 24/7 while the father is away on business. Couldn't possibly be that with three children - and a bit of extra money - they were able to hire in help.

By the way, Mom was with her 3-year-old at swim class. Maybe, just maybe, Mom hired a nanny to pick up the slack because Pops travels a lot for work. Or because it's really fucking hard to juggle three very small children. Or because she wanted to work. Not that any of that matters because, quite frankly, it's none of your fucking business. That family has been destroyed. How about we focus on that, eh? Instead of your blatant assumptions and ignorance.

Phillip V

How does getting a new future nanny = blaming mother for murder

merithyn

Quote from: Phillip V on October 26, 2012, 01:41:29 PM
How does getting a new future nanny = blaming mother for murder

Oh bullshit. Your comment was made as a jab at Mom for not being home with her kids, and instead hiring a nanny. Don't try to play it off now that you've been called on it.