News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Phillip V

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2012, 01:42:39 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on October 26, 2012, 01:39:25 PM
We will see a big Bradley effect this election where women and minorities fashionably support Obama in public, but abandon him in the voting booth.

I'm not holding my breath.  That was supposed to happen in 2008.
Associated Press say that up to 56% of Americans are racist against blacks, an increase from 4 years ago: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82964.html

Razgovory

Only amongst Romney die hards is this a good thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Phillip V on October 27, 2012, 10:42:06 AM
We will see a big Bradley effect this election where women and minorities fashionably support Obama in public, but abandon him in the voting booth.

Associated Press say that up to 56% of Americans are racist against blacks, an increase from 4 years ago: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82964.html
That makes sense.  Immigration is always increasing, and new immigrants don't want to put up with the sort of shit that black culture has turned into.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

Quote from: Neil on October 27, 2012, 10:59:23 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on October 27, 2012, 10:42:06 AM

That makes sense.  Immigration is always increasing, and new immigrants don't want to put up with the sort of shit that black culture has turned into.
Blacks should be worried. Their numbers are not increasing, and they will become politically marginalized by surging Hispanics and Asians in the electorate.

Asians (the oriental obedient kind) are already tolerated by whites (with high rates of interracial marriage), and white-ish Hispanics will eventually be integrated as "regular" whites.

OttoVonBismarck

I actually love black culture in a lot of ways but hate black politics. Blacks will never be part of any part that isn't willing to "stick it to the man" and "give us what's coming." The sense of entitlement in the black community makes them perfect partners for the Democrats. They even conveniently forget just a few decades ago some of those Democrats were lynching them for looking at white women the wrong way.

It's a good thing blacks are becoming a smaller and smaller portion of the electorate and the population. With the right framing, the GOP really can capture a lot of the Hispanic and Asian vote. George W. Bush actually did really well among Hispanic voters. On cultural and economic issues the Asian and Hispanic immigrants groups have a lot of people who lean GOP. But unfortunately the GOP needs a purging of certain Minutemen types.

The modern GOP has this serious problem. We have several fringe elements (with some overlap): Tea Party types, bible thumpers, anti-immigration minutemen types and etc. Okay that's fine, every party has its fringe. But for whatever reason, the GOP has allowed the fringe to actually take over. If you combine all those groups together I bet they don't represent more than 30% of the Republican base. However they vote monolithically, the rest of the GOP votes based on a variety of issues and will splinter along various lines. Because of that, if you don't get the approval of that monolithic base, you can't get past a GOP primary let alone hope to win general election as a Republican. Something has to happen, because the ideas the fringe represent are dying issues of a bygone era. No one cares about gay marriage who is young, increasing numbers of people are perfectly fine with liberalized immigration policy, abortion will probably remain one of those 50/50 issues, but it sucks to be stuck in a party that is absolutist about it. Up until say, the late 1990s there were lots of pro-choice GOP politicians. But because of the ideological purity required of GOP candidates, most of them have lost office. The Democrats still have pro-life Senators and Governors, and the national party doesn't try to primary them out of existence or anything like that. It used to be GOP candidates could be solidly pro-choice or pro-life and still win elections.

We've regressed since then. It used to be even the hardcore pro-life GOP were saying "except in cases of rape, incest, or threat to the life of the mother." Now the new wave GOP has people openly saying we should force women to carry pregnancies to term regardless of those things. Even some saying that rape can't produce a pregnancy. Birth control, not really a political issue since the early 70s, has risen up again, with the GOP coming down hard on the side of letting employers create health insurance plans that doesn't cover birth control. A great man, Richard Nixon, started Federal Funding of Planned Parenthood because he recognized things like abortion and birth control lead to less poor children. Fewer poor children was good for the country, lowered the crime rate and lowered the number of people who are guaranteed Democrat voters.

Zoupa

That map is dumb. 20 internet dollars says Nevada and Iowa aren't gonna go Romney, gimme a break.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on October 27, 2012, 02:27:54 PM
That map is dumb. 20 internet dollars says Nevada and Iowa aren't gonna go Romney, gimme a break.

6 quatloos sez Nevada might go. Fuck Iowa. Leftist corn fuckers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I bet Wyoming is solidly for Romney!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Zoupa

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 27, 2012, 02:49:06 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 27, 2012, 02:27:54 PM

6 quatloos sez Nevada might go. Fuck Iowa. Leftist corn fuckers.

Deal. If Nevada goes GOP, Obama 2012 would go down as one of the worst campaign team and strategy in recent memory. The Romney camp is trying the Rove trick of 2000 by spinning that "every state is in play!". Rove had Bush campaigning in Cali back in november 2000 and the state went 1.5 million votes for Gore.

It's all bull. My prediction: Wisconsin, Ohio, Iowa, Nevada and Virginia all go for Obama, Florida and Colorado is a toss-up. In any case, the EV math just doesn't work for Romney. They made a game of it for the last 3 weeks, good for them, but that's it.

Ed Anger

You know I'll finagle my way out of paying those quatloos.

Zoupa

Well then I hope Rainbow Dash has gonorrhea. :frog:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on October 27, 2012, 03:48:35 PM
Well then I hope Rainbow Dash has gonorrhea. :frog:

I'll send the twins to take you out.

derspiess

Two little girls vs. a Frenchman?  My money is on the twins.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 27, 2012, 04:55:53 PM
Two little girls vs. a Frenchman?  My money is on the twins.

They are also of partial German descent. Zoups is doomed.