Started by merithyn, October 15, 2012, 10:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well? Can you?

Yes, and then some
Yes, but it's a stretch
Um... maybe?
No, but it wouldn't take long to get me there
No, why the hell would I do that?
I can outrun Jaron, and that's enough for me.

merithyn

I'm just curious. I can, finally, run a mile without stopping. I didn't really think that it would take so long to get to this point. It sounds like something pretty much anyone should be able to do, but yeah... not so much.

What about the rest of you?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

No, I can probably manage 400-600 yards to get to a bus stop to catch a bus, but I don't have the right muscles to do the rest.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

I could probably run a mile without stopping, but my heart will have stopped much earlier.

DontSayBanana

No.  I have basically no endurance whatsoever.  I can run for maybe two blocks or so.
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

:lol: :lol: :lol: No. :lol:

I have the cardio of a newborn baby. Plus I don't breathe when I run, it's an annoying situation, yes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

I have no idea but I ca't imagine that I could.  It would depend on who was chasing me and why, I can't picture running for any other reason.

DGuller

I don't recall the last time I've tried, but what's the stopping point?  Do you run out of breath, run out of energy, have cramps, or something else?  It doesn't seem that hard to me, but maybe I'm underestimating the difficulties.

Brazen

Yes, I can churn out about three miles without thinking too hard about it, six on a good day if I don't intend to stand up the next day. I'm dead slow though.

I still remember my first mile vividly. I went bright puce and looked and felt like I'd burst. Then my Ironman triathlete buddy tried to congratulate me without sounding sarcastic when I told her it took me 13 minutes.

I reckon if they find the right pace and learn to breathe properly, anyone without a medical problem can run a mile so long as they're not bothered about how long it takes. It's as much mental as physical.

HisMajestyBOB

Yes, I usually don't stop until I run 3 more miles. It usually takes me ~30 minutes to finish all 4.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

No, but I wish I could. Even slowly jogging I'm usually out of breath by a quarter mile.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Yes, not particularly fast though (about 9 minutes/mile when I run my usual 4-5 miles).

Razgovory

Is someone chasing me or something or is this some kind of charity thing?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maximus

No, last time I tried I had such bad shin splints after 1/4 mile or so I could barely walk for two days.

I do need to find a way around that at some point.