SF Supervisor to Introduce Legislation Forcing Nudists to Wear Clothes

Started by garbon, October 02, 2012, 01:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2012, 06:54:25 AM
No but I have seen movies from the Folsom Street Faire.  :P

Which doesn't take place anywhere near Castro. 

Additionally one of the nudist pointed out that while the Castro started collecting gays in the 70s, it was probably only at some point in the 90s that gays actually dominated the neighborhood.

Oh and fashion in Castro? SF gays don't really do fashion - not when it conflicts with comfort.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 07:07:49 AM
It's just like every other neighborhood in any other city on a given work day.

That's not true. It has the nudists walking about. :P

Also, you've a much greater likelihood of running into a rainbow coalition of gays than many parts of many other cities. (Though I do agree with the point that Marti made a mistake on projecting events like Folsom onto the Castro.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2012, 07:19:33 AM
It's just like every other neighborhood in any other city on a given work day.

That's not true. It has the nudists walking about. :P

Also, you've a much greater likelihood of running into a rainbow coalition of gays than many parts of many other cities. (Though I do agree with the point that Marti made a mistake on projecting events like Folsom onto the Castro.

Well, maybe it was too early for the nudies when I drove through.  :lol: But with the occasional exception to certain storefronts ("Look! A leather shop!"), it seemed like a normal district neighborhood to me.  Not much different that the Read Street area of Baltimore, where all the gays coagulate.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 07:23:21 AM
Well, maybe it was too early for the nudies when I drove through.  :lol: But with the occasional exception to certain storefronts ("Look! A leather shop!"), it seemed like a normal district neighborhood to me.  Not much different that the Read Street area of Baltimore, where all the gays coagulate.

But that's just it - gay neighborhoods differ in their populations from "normal district neighborhoods".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2012, 07:27:09 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 07:23:21 AM

But that's just it - gay neighborhoods differ in their populations from "normal district neighborhoods".

Yes they do.  They have much nicer properties, well maintained, manicured and they do excellent restoration of old architecture. 

But whether it's Castro, Dupont Circle or the Village, I have yet to see leatherdaddies taking their latex gimps for a walk in cock cages at 8:30am on a workday.  But hey, maybe I'm just not looking.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 07:31:04 AM
But whether it's Castro, Dupont Circle or the Village, I have yet to see leatherdaddies taking their latex gimps for a walk in cock cages at 8:30am on a workday.  But hey, maybe I'm just not looking.

I already agreed on that part. :P

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2012, 06:54:25 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 06:45:36 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2012, 01:31:51 AM
I think you guys are coming from a completely different cultural background, so to speak. Castro is a famously gay, sexually open neighbourhood - applying "family friendly suburbia" criteria to it just doesn't cut it.

It's probably a greater crime there to wear pleated pants, yet noone who lives in San Francisco argues that the place where Barrister Boy lives should ban pleated pants - why then does Barrister Boy argue what kind of attires people of Castro should ban in public?

Have you ever been to the Castro district?

No but I have seen movies from the Folsom Street Faire.  :P

Well, contrary to your fevered and feverish fantasies, nobody's walking around in assless leather chaps and stainless CBT devices on your average Tuesday morning.  It's just like every other neighborhood in any other city on a given work day.
You got some strange looks when you visited then, huh.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

:hmm:

So the nudists are going to censor the content of their message forums as they figure it'll now get scrutiny from the media.  As part of that, they are changing it to align solely with the promotion of public nudity and removing any posted items of sexual nature.  Oddly enough, they posted this plan to the message forum (though I guess they will then pull a Dorsey and delete that as well).

garbon

In other news, the nudists are now saying that legislation will make them second-class-citizens. :yeahright:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on November 07, 2012, 02:45:28 PM
In other news, the nudists are now saying that legislation will make them second-class-citizens. :yeahright:

:lol: I eagerly await panicked headlines about "bathtime costumes."

I mean, it's not as if the state has got compelling reasons to ban public nudity.  Nope, not at all.
Experience bij!

garbon

Well SF is a special case as it does have BaytoBreakers (an event that famously features nudity) and Folsom Street Fair (+Dore Alley - both of which feature nudity and sexually explicit themes) as money makers for the city.

garbon

Awesome!  :XD:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/14/san-francisco-nudists_n_2133774.html
QuoteSan Francisco Nudists Sue To Block Proposed Ban

A group of San Francisco residents is suing the city to block a proposed ban on public nudity.

A lawsuit filed Wednesday in federal court in San Francisco claims an ordinance that city officials are considering would violate the civil rights of people who want to bare their bodies for personal or political reasons.

The Board of Supervisors is scheduled to vote on the measure next week. It would prohibit nakedness on city streets, sidewalks and plazas at all times except during permitted fairs and parades, such as the city's annual gay pride event.

Lawyer Christina DiEdoardo filed the case as a dozen or so of her clients stood outside the courthouse in varying states of undress.

DiEdoardo says the ban is too broad and would inhibit the free speech of nudists who can't afford a permit.

garbon

First vote of supervisors has SF becoming an anti-nudity zone.

merithyn

It hasn't been very clear on this whole thing, garbon, on where you stand. What do you think the board should do?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 01:45:00 PM
First vote of supervisors has SF becoming an anti-nudity zone.

For some reason I thought all public places were anti-nudity zones.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."