News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Started by Josquius, September 25, 2012, 02:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

anyone played this one? I randomly stumbled across it in a game shop. Didn't buy it, but my curiosity is piqued.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Crazy_Ivan80

play colonisation (the original) instead. Hell, even the remake is better

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

The Sid Meier's Colonization remake has an awesome mod made by Germans, available at civfanatics.

Josquius

worse than colonization eh?
Guessed there was probally a reason I hadn't heard of it.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

The original Conquest of the Americas had some fun elements.  This looks like a remake that emphasizes the less fun elements.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

Seven Cities of Gold stands out for me as the pinnacle in this genre.  :sleep:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 25, 2012, 09:30:19 PM
Seven Cities of Gold stands out for me as the pinnacle in this genre.  :sleep:

Going in with peaceful intent, popping the king and then ending up sacking a bunch of Inca cities: Priceless
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Alas, "Amaze the natives" never seemed to work for very long.  :(

The big downside I remember, is that even when you do establish a town, they're not self-sufficient at all.  Need to freight in food for those lazy bastards.