Ban One Music Genre, Go On You Know You Want To.

Started by mongers, September 20, 2012, 07:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Also I would ban this new crap called dubstep. It actually makes me physically ill whenever I hear it. Every time this local car commercial comes on the ***WUB WUB WUB***gives me a headache.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 20, 2012, 08:15:07 PM
Also I would ban this new crap called dubstep. It actually makes me physically ill whenever I hear it. Every time this local car commercial comes on the ***WUB WUB WUB***gives me a headache.

I still haven't figured out what a 'skillrex' is.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: katmai on September 20, 2012, 08:00:25 PM
Prog rock. :zzz:

Just for that, I'm gonna play the entire Tales From Topagraphic Oceans. A double album by Yes with only four songs. :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on September 20, 2012, 09:08:40 PM

Just for that, I'm gonna play the entire Tales From Topagraphic Oceans. A double album by Yes with only four songs. :D

Should prison rape him with Fates Warning.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: mongers on September 20, 2012, 07:38:40 PM
So my question is, if there was one genre of 'music' you could choose ban completely, which would it be ?
Pop music.
It's all the same, no evolution in the genre, the cycle keeps repeating itself.  So, keep one or two songs, ban the rest.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 20, 2012, 09:31:00 PM

That's a good idea.

80s Rock Metal, you know, Poison & the like.

Prog Rock /= Hair Metal, man.  Get your subgenres straight.

katmai

I think he liking my idea, but stil adding his own :unsure:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2012, 07:42:22 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 20, 2012, 07:38:40 PM
So my question is, if there was one genre of 'music' you could choose ban completely, which would it be ?

Two genres:  Country AND Western.

Country and Western, while not my cup of tea, is a decent enough genre.  Modern country, though, is just crap--it's essentially watered-down MOR pop-rock.

Syt

I've become a lot more tolerant of other people's abhorrent music tastes over the years. Nevertheless, I would like to ban Volksmusik. And Schlager.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 20, 2012, 07:47:24 PM
Also, I'd like to have that 'Gotye' guy thrown into the sun. Or however its spelled.

"sun" is correct.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

sbr