News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

USA Down to 18th in Economic Freedom

Started by Habbaku, September 19, 2012, 03:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 20, 2012, 09:18:11 AM
The one thing that really made me   :lol:  was the "sound money" category: the US ranked highest in this category in 2010 then any other and improved in that area notwithstanding the launch of Fed driven quantitative easing at a level totally unprecedented in history.

Yeah, that one had me scratching my head.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

So I just saw this study referenced in the elevator tv screen. It'd didn't say who commissioned the study, just that it found that the US had dropped to 18th in freedom.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Wall Street seems to be acting pretty fucking freely these days.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!