So, has anyone used that Origin dirct download thingy?

Started by Razgovory, September 01, 2012, 10:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on September 01, 2012, 11:44:55 AM
Quote from: viper37 on September 01, 2012, 11:37:24 AM
It's mandatory for EA games, but if you can live without it, do.

Its incompatible with older EA games (you'll need to download a pirated copy to make them work), it won't work if you reinstall Windows, and often it will simply stop recognizing your id&password for no reason, just like that.  And EA tech support is the worst in the industry with clueless morons behind their keyboards.

Origin is the worst game platform out there.  Steam is #1, followed by Gamestop and Gamespy.

Are we talking about the same thing?  I was talking about this thingy.  http://store.origin.com/

Battlefield 3, The Witcher II,  Crysis II, that Kingdoms of Amularsomthing , each 20 bucks seems like a good deal.
you need their software to run the games bought on the store.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on September 01, 2012, 03:08:31 PM
Question:  Do you need to have a internet connection to play the games, like Steam.
you need to be connected to launch the game, IIRC.  Once in game, for most of them, you can disconnect.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I used it for Battlefield 3.  Got to admit, not exactly a fan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

szmik

better than DoW 2, where you have to be connected to steam and windows live at the same time :bleeding:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Razgovory

Yeah, there's a couple of games like that. I hate Windows Live.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Haven't had any problems with Origin myself, and I've got about 5 or 6 games there.
Experience bij!