News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on October 02, 2012, 09:00:54 PM
I'm on the last ( I think ) instance of the human personal quest - the Source of Orr where you have to kill the Sovereign Eye of Khaitan(?).  I couldn't do it on my own so someone came and helped.  We succeeded only to have to godsdam instance bug on us after it went down...  <_<

G.

I love how you hate this game yet are already level 80. My highest level character is 42. :D

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on October 03, 2012, 03:03:25 AM

I love how you hate this game yet are already level 80. My highest level character is 42. :D

I don't hate the game - merely its limitations - and as of now - its ever increasing buggy instances.  Besides I am not levelling other characters at the same time as this one.  I created a mesmer and a necromancer - but didn't go beyond lvl 5 with either.  And I deleted my original engineer.

On another note I reached tailor lvl 300 and I find the design of the clothes you can make quite varied - and more to my liking than the baroque things you get in dungeons.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

I hit Cotton level with my tailor (Mesmer) and the design is finally nice.  :P

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grallon

Well CC you were RIGHT!  I rolled a human thief and I'm having a blast again.  For the simple reason that I love the thief specific mechanics - particularly the Signet of Shadows which grants you 25% increase in speed at all time.  But also the sheer fluidity of the play when going from your set of weapons to your second (in my case 2 pistols as principal and a knife and sword for the 2nd).  It's amazing the amount of damage you can do without getting very little yourself - unless you have 3 Orrian risen abominations after you...

Anyhow I hit lvl 25 last night and this time around - I don't spend any of my karma - I vendor every drop below rare (yellow) - (unless I can use it myself) - and I try to limit my travel fees to a minimum.  Still money is a bitch to get by in this game!  I'm not prepared to farm for hours on end and have no interest in playing the Trade Post.  I mean yesterday I sold 100 iron ingots for a measly 40 silver.

So I'll be playing some more it seems.  Thank you for you moral support CC - always welcome.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Your welcome  :D

I dont have any money problems but that is because I vendor most everything and I only spend money on travel.  I havent bothered with the trading post at all.

frunk

Even if you don't play the trading post and if you don't care about dyes, definitely sell unidentified dyes on the TP.  They've been dropping in price, which is too bad, but you can still get a nice chunk of silver from them.

Martinus

So I binned my necromancer and now playing a mesmer, an engineer and a guardian. Total blast. They are in their 50s.

sbr

I did Ascalon Catacombs Story Mode again last night, this time with my level 63 Guardian.  It went much better this time, I understand the game and my profession much better than when I ran it with my mid-30's Elementalist.  It didn't hurt that I was 60 levels higher and had a better team, including 2 80's (one Thief and 1 Elementalist).

The rewards seemed to be a bit better too, though that might just be to immediacy.  I did make about 50 silver, before I had pawned my unusable loot.

Martinus

So I (re)started an elementalist.  :blush:

Now that I know how this game is played (mobility and combos), it feels like a really cool profession. I'm doing the cookie-cutter (scepter/dagger) build for now as it is allegedly easiest to solo.

Grallon

I'd like to do a dungeon - anyone here still playing on Tarnished Coast?

-----

Meanwhile my thief has reached lvl 60 and I finally bought the best looking medium armor - the human cultural tier 2 one.  He looks fabulous in midnight fire metal chain, midnight gold leather and outremer cloth. :wub:

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

So the first global event will be released today - Shadow of the Mad King.

sbr

Last night I fought and killed my first dragon, Jormag.  It was a level 80 Group Meta Event in FrostGorge Sound; it was incredibly hectic as everyone in the zone was there fighting.  My game crashed once in the middle but I got back in and helped finish it off.

I was in the same area this afternoon and the event was going again, they had him almost dead.  I jumped in when he was at about 5% health and cherrypicked the loot at the end. :blush:

Grallon

It's not Jormag SBR - it's his lieutenant - or claw - don't know the name.  One dragon per expansion.  The initial is Zhaitan - Jormag will likely be the last or the one before Primordius.

-----

I got my thief to 76 but Orr is so depressing so I started a human warrior instead.  Learning the various wepon routines now.  I've made him and armorer.

However yesterday I learned the long delayed expansion of Uncharted Waters is finally out - and with it the East Asian ports (Korea, China and Japan).  I sailed to India in preparation fr my discovery of those ports.

G.

~Jean-François Revel