News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 13, 2012, 01:47:35 PM
Wait a minute - you spent 100 bucks in gems on a game you dont like?

You assume just because he does so much complaining that he doesn't like the game. Probably a mistake.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Enjoying Ranger (up to lvl 19). Trying out the greatsword to finish off all non aquatic skills and just feels akward on Ranger after the sword/dagger I have used as melee.

But have to say love Ranger with shortbow and the sword/dagger and just tearing up mobs.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Yeah, shortbow ranger rapid fire is great fun. What pet(s) do you use?

katmai

Arctodus mainly. Haven't tamed too many pets as of yet.
Have default Snow Leopard, raven and one other that I fail to recall what it is right now. 

Berkut

My Ranger is up into the higher 20s, and has really started to shine.

I run with longbow/shortbow, and switch between them pretty constantly. I find I can handle mobs a few levels above me, and if I am patient can solo just about anything.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

A necro with a staff can also pretty much solo anything - the only problem would be bosses with heavy ranged attacks. I can just run around, drop marks and draw enemies through them. If I need a fast kill, I go dagger/dagger or scepter/dagger.

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on September 15, 2012, 03:16:29 AM
A necro with a staff can also pretty much solo anything - the only problem would be bosses with heavy ranged attacks. I can just run around, drop marks and draw enemies through them. If I need a fast kill, I go dagger/dagger or scepter/dagger.

I've seen a number of those 'one-man armies' - how many pets can you have with that built!?  Still I like my lvl 50 Elementalist.  I got there in just a week - completing zones and my personal story.  How do you use the mystic forge?  I mean I've assembled sigils with gems but can you do other things?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Btw - is that built OK?  I have 20 points in fire - 10 in air and 10 in arcane.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Jaron you aren't even past lvl 2 so hush.

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on September 15, 2012, 08:33:18 PM
Btw - is that built OK?  I have 20 points in fire - 10 in air and 10 in arcane.

G.

I don't think this is enough to say - the way you spread your points is not that telling, really. It's now the question what weapons/skills/attunements you use and what special powers you choose from the trait lines.

What you have with 20 in fire, 10 in air and 10 in arcane is a glass cannon direct damage dps build. So your other selections should reflect that. If you now spent all your time in the water attunement, healing people, it would be a bad build. :P

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Bought another character slot and tried the Mesmer.  I really liked it.  With a staff I can solo anything and when others are around I can auto buff everyone.

It doesnt kill as quickly as my thief, which has amazing one on one killing speed, but the Mesmer  is a lot more durable and gives better support.

The Mesmer is only lvl 10 but early experience with it looks promising.  I still need to skill up the Greatsword which I will probably use as a solo weapon switch.

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on September 17, 2012, 02:56:03 AM

I don't think this is enough to say - the way you spread your points is not that telling, really. It's now the question what weapons/skills/attunements you use and what special powers you choose from the trait lines.

Since then I respeced it to 20 fire - 20 Arcane and the left over in Air.

I am usually attuned to Fire - with the Signet on at all times.  I'll open with a fireball salvo, use lava flow when the mob is close, firery retreat and start over.  If there's a crowd of mobs or a hard opponent I'll raise an Arcan shield while I cast the metor swarm or this awsome 'elite' spell: Balthazar Hounds which conjure up 2 hellhounds that are fierce.  As soon as I point t select an ennemy they will pounce and do massive damage.  Sadly they last only 30 second as opposed to 60 secs. you get out of the llarge Fire Elemental.

The options chosen at lvl 10 - 15 and 20 are +10% power I think, and increased chance of burning and one of the Arcane option is to increase the radius of your staff.

I tried using the scepter/focus combo but it always seems less... effective - although some settings like hurricane are interesting.

But overall the staff is more powerful and besides it looks cooler.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

sbr

I am really liking the Guardian I have been playing.  I just hit 23 tonight, and while it was fun up until then I ran into a series of world events in Kessex Hills tonight and while we weren't in a party ran through them with a small ad hoc group and that class really shines in those scenarios.  Like Marti said before showing up at a battle that is going south and turning the tide is pretty fun.

Here is my big, bad Guardian: