And we're back!

Main Menu

Iraq > Iran

Started by The Minsky Moment, August 11, 2012, 11:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on August 13, 2012, 08:02:39 AM
you have it cheaper than I do, so STFU.

Oh no, Beets told me to zip it. I'm scared.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Americans crying over fuel prices is the most annoying thing ever after Anime.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on August 13, 2012, 08:16:44 AM
Americans crying over fuel prices is the most annoying thing ever after Anime.

u mad bro?

yeah, u mad.

Eddie Teach

Euros, and especially Brits, don't typically drive several hundred miles to grandma's house. They're also less likely to live 20+ miles from work.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I think I'll take advantage off the almost free gas and fill up my Challenger and drive somewhere today.

Problem is, I just don't know where. Hoosier land? Kentucky? Towards the giant oven mitt up north? Into deepest darkest Cleveland? The urban combat zone of Youngstown? ZANESVILLE.

post your suggestions here for me to ignore.  :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 13, 2012, 08:22:02 AM

Caliga's house!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on August 13, 2012, 08:05:24 AM
they (we) also have to drive more. So overall americans probably pay more for gas.

if you designed your cities better it wouldnt be such an issue. :p

but tamas has the gist of it. americans whining about high fuel prices is like arabs complaining about a sand shortage.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2012, 10:32:43 AM
I wouldn't put too much stock in what CdM says regarding the reasoning for the Iraq war.

FYPFY  :cool:

Okay, that was too tempting to pass up.  :blush:

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on August 13, 2012, 07:57:44 AM
Glad you could figure this out. It only took 12 years!

What were your reasons for going to war with Iraq in July 2000, then?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 13, 2012, 08:23:28 AM

Caliga's house!

Gross. One mistake and I go too far past Louisville and its suburbs and I'm in deliverance country. The chicken on a stick in that gas station still frightens the hell out of me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on August 13, 2012, 08:24:49 AM

Berkut went to war because he felt that Iraq was not abiding by the Ceasefire.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I think I'll take advantage off the almost free gas and fill up my Challenger and drive somewhere today.

Problem is, I just don't know where. Hoosier land? Kentucky? Towards the giant oven mitt up north? Into deepest darkest Cleveland? The urban combat zone of Youngstown? ZANESVILLE.

One of those island on Lake Erie.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Quote from: Tyr on August 13, 2012, 08:23:34 AM
Quote from: HVC on August 13, 2012, 08:05:24 AM
they (we) also have to drive more. So overall americans probably pay more for gas.

if you designed your cities better it wouldnt be such an issue. :p
Too much land :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

I didn't go to war in July 2000.

I am not sure I even understand why this is debated - the reasons (and justifications) for Iraq Round 2 are pretty well understood - I don't really think I have anything to add to the actual serious conventional wisdom for why the US went to war.

Noting that it wasn't because the Shrubbery was mad the Iraqi's tried to kill his dad or that it wasn't some nefarious plot to grab the worlds oil (both of which are simply infantile) doesn't somehow make me the standard bearer for the ACTUAL reasons.

I don't even understand why people would seriously ask the question here - Do you really not know the thinking behind the neo-con case for war beyond "ZOMG WE WANT TEH OIL!" or "ZOMG TEHY TRIED TO KILL DUBYA!"? You can disagree with the reasons the neo-cons pushed for war (and you can certainly be offended by their willingness to be dishonest when it came to selling it) without any need to willfully attempt to distort those reasons into some farcical parody.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on August 13, 2012, 08:45:10 AM

I didn't go to war in July 2000.

Sorry, I meant: Why did you want to go to war with Iraq in July 2000 (12 years ago)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.