Guys--would you take a male birth control pill?

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 06, 2012, 06:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you go on the male pill?

Yes
19 (63.3%)
No
4 (13.3%)
Non-issue because I'm gay/lesbian or just not getting any
6 (20%)
I'm a woman and would love to have him take it instead
1 (3.3%)
I'm a woman and do not want him to take it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

MadImmortalMan

There is supposed to be one in the works that prevents sperm production while not reducing testosterone. This seems like a better option than the female pill, which essentially tricks her body into thinking it's pregnant. And that has side-effects like reducing sex drive, which is totally bad for us even if there are other benefits for the women.  :P

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

I've dated on girl on the pill and she was a bona fide nymphomaniac.

Sure, I'd have no problem taking a manwhore pill.

Valmy

I would take government paid-for whore pills by the handful.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Scipio

Fuck yes.  Condoms don't make sex unenjoyable, but they've got a substantial hassle factor.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

ulmont

*shrug*  I got snipped without a problem; I sure as hell would have taken pills.

Camerus

Of course.  Why rely on others to take their whore pills, when you can have the peace of mind of doing it yourself?  The birth control balance of power needs some tilting back in the male's favour.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Male birth control pills wouldn't prevent the spread of STDs.  Which you shouldn't be allowed to test for at home, anyway.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on August 06, 2012, 06:26:49 PM
The birth control balance of power needs some tilting back in the male's favour.

No it doesn't.

Tonitrus

Razgovory

I don't see why not.  I don't see why either.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Of course.  Why rely on others to take their whore pills, when you can have the peace of mind of doing it yourself?  The birth control balance of power responsibility needs some tilting back in the male's favour.

Agreed.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

Not without a decade or two of others using it to prove its safe.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on August 06, 2012, 08:20:14 PM
The birth control balance of power responsibility needs some tilting back in the male's favour.

Agreed.

Once again, women prove to be women's worst enemies.  Go ahead, abdicate the only real leverage you have for social and sexual equality in this society.