Why is questioning someone's intellectual capacities an insult?

Started by Martinus, August 05, 2012, 02:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on August 05, 2012, 03:54:17 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 05, 2012, 02:31:00 PM
It seems unlikely to me that Harvard or similar makes you intelligent.

:yes: The smartest guy I ever met was smarter than anyone who ever went to Harvard.
:) Thank you.

katmai

Yi went to Harvard, Garbo to Stanford. 
I rest my case.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Maximus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on August 05, 2012, 05:15:24 PM
Yi went to Harvard, Garbo to Stanford. 
I rest my case.

Yi is a graduate from a Jesuit institution.  Despite his unfortunate amnesia regarding the concepts of Social Justice taught by the soldiers of Holy Mother Church, he is still better than than any Ivy Leaquetards.

Admiral Yi

Speaking of social justice, good article in the NYT Sunday Magazine on Occupy Oakland you might want to check out.  Anarchists in the streets and hippies in City Hall.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2012, 06:02:46 PM
Speaking of social justice, good article in the NYT Sunday Magazine on Occupy Oakland you might want to check out.  Anarchists in the streets and hippies in City Hall.

"Sorry I had a fight in the middle of your Black Panther party"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on August 05, 2012, 06:23:48 PM
Poor Oakland. It can never catch a break.

They've caught a number of breaks.  Terminus of the transcontinental railroad, large scale armaments manufacturing during WWII.

You can't become a truly epic crap city unless you had it good at one point.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2012, 06:29:08 PM

They've caught a number of breaks.  Terminus of the transcontinental railroad, large scale armaments manufacturing during WWII.

I didn't realize that I was going to have specify that I meant in these recent years. :P

garbon

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on August 05, 2012, 06:54:09 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2012, 06:29:08 PM

I didn't realize that I was going to have specify that I meant in these recent years. :P

Ah, so that's the never you were referring to. :)