Do pop music concert dates get protested in your country?

Started by Martinus, July 14, 2012, 08:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok, so get this.

It's the second time Madonna is coming to Poland and it's the second time the choice of the date of the concert gets protested by Catholic fundies (now, it gives her more publicity and they don't get their way but I'm just puzzled that this attracts so much press here) - two years ago they were protesting because she was going to give a concert on the Feast of Assumption, and this year it's the anniversary of the start of Warsaw Uprising.

So the question is - are protests like this happening in your country too or is this likely a unique phenomenon of Polish idiocy? (I am not talking about a general protest against a specific popstar but protesting the actual date on which the concert is happening)

Zanza

No.

But I think you share that distinction with various Islamic countries.

Syt

No. Though the bishop of St. Pölten recently called on the faithful to pray for the souls of the visitors to a metal festival that took place in his parish. People mostly laughed at him.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Threviel

I got dragged to the steaming pile of shit that is a Madonna concert last week or so in Gothenburg.  :bleeding:  Fuck, why do people pay for that shit?

But unfortunately no protests or anything, although I might see why third world uneducated religious people would be annoyed by her.

Viking

A rampaging band of Beliebers managed to conquer and occupy Oslo for a while. Some concert dates SHOULD be protested.. or at least Norway should Re-Arm.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Monoriu

When Lady Gaga came, there was a huge speculation bubble on her tickets.  The record was something like US$4,000 for a seat.  Then the bubble burst, and many speculators lost huge sums. 

But no protests. 

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on July 14, 2012, 08:23:04 AM
So the question is - are protests like this happening in your country too or is this likely a unique phenomenon of Polish idiocy?

As usual, you answered your own question.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney