News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Tamas, you might still manage to prevent a Protestant VP victory this turn if you spend your last cards on retaking an electorate.

ulmont

Servetus for a Papal VP and to force the Protestants to discard, which is a nice combination.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on August 29, 2012, 09:33:51 AM
Fall of Brussels and Liege finish off English conquest of the Low Countries. Over to Max.

This is where Tamas and Viking gnash teeth about dice rolls? :P

I've been looking for footage from Gettysburgh of the scene where the union soldiers jeer the confederates retreating after picketts charge with shouts of "Fredricksburg!". But i've held off looking too hard 'cause I know if I do I'll end my streak of merely slightly below average results.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on August 29, 2012, 10:16:43 AM
Tamas, you might still manage to prevent a Protestant VP victory this turn if you spend your last cards on retaking an electorate.

Ok France gives me Metz back and I'll do just that.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on August 29, 2012, 02:12:25 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on August 29, 2012, 10:16:43 AM

Ok France gives me Metz back and I'll do just that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTc3zcnIZOw

?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Tamas is about to reach slargosian levels of ragequit. Which is odd, because based on the relative success of the powers in this game, I should be the one ragequitting.

sbr

Discarded and assaulted and controlled Augsburg.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on August 29, 2012, 02:29:30 PM
Tamas is about to reach slargosian levels of ragequit. Which is odd, because based on the relative success of the powers in this game, I should be the one ragequitting.

Oh don't worry, I will save the game for you people.

But its crazy that all the offers I have received this turn were "clearly give up your chance at winning, in exchange I will give you time to win the game for me", yet I am supposed to lean on my sword.

This isn't an "everyone but Habsburg tries to win, while Habsburg makes sure it takes as long a game as possible" game you know.

Viking

While Tamas is threatening to ragelose if we stop trying to win janissaries sneak upstream from vienna and drop dead horses in the drinking water.

Quote2 / Unsanitary Camp
A single stack of land units is stricken by disease. One-third (rounded up) of the units are removed from play (as chosen by their owner). At least half of the losses must be from regular troops (if possible). If multiple major powers have units in a single space, only one of the major powers can be affected by this event. Allied minor power units are considered to be a part of the stack with the major power that controls them

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Event
#107: 2 / Unsanitary Camp

Message from Ottoman:
The garrison of vienna is too big. 4/3 = 1 1/3 which rounds up to 2. Tamas must remove 2 garrison factors from vienna at least one of which must be a regular (if possible).

No file.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on August 29, 2012, 03:02:21 PM

But its crazy that all the offers I have received this turn were "clearly give up your chance at winning, in exchange I will give you time to win the game for me", yet I am supposed to lean on my sword.

This isn't an "everyone but Habsburg tries to win, while Habsburg makes sure it takes as long a game as possible" game you know.

I'm sure everyone is trying to win the game, or at least get close. You might want to ask yourself how you became a target for several people at once.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on August 29, 2012, 03:08:47 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 29, 2012, 03:02:21 PM

I'm sure everyone is trying to win the game, or at least get close. You might want to ask yourself how you became a target for several people at once.

1) I am big enough
2) they fail to realise that if they make me collapse they will not win

Viking

do ur turn tamas

and remember to remove two dudes defending vienna

Viking

Tamas

Hey, guess what! France and England closed off my path toward the defeatable electorates!

#76: 4 / Foreign Recruits

Message from Hapsburgs:
2 mercs to Trier
2 mercs to Prague

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on August 30, 2012, 01:51:01 AM
Hey, guess what! France and England closed off my path toward the defeatable electorates!

#76: 4 / Foreign Recruits

Message from Hapsburgs:
2 mercs to Trier
2 mercs to Prague

Besancon -> Strasburg -> Worms -> Mainz

that is the closest, the blue and red hordes close the short cut which makes köln equidistant.