Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

QuoteEngland: Message

DOW Habsburgs.

1-4/5: 4 mercs to Calais.
5/5: Henry & all to Antwerp.

Well, the Copernicus play made it slightly easier to decide which way to play the HC.  :P

Maximus

#98: 2 / Search for Cibola

Message from France:
Francis +7r +1m to Metz

to Tamas to play cards

Viking

See what you did there tamas?

rather than playing copernicus you should have listened to me :contract:

Quote from: Viking on August 24, 2012, 05:42:26 PM
BTW, now that England is at peace, now is the time to take antwerp.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Yeah clearly that was an improvised English move completely triggered by Copernicus :p

Tamas

I won't have cb acces for a few more hours

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on August 25, 2012, 11:23:51 AM
or you keep it in hand to play as an event to prevent somebody else from winning the game.

Yeah, that card doesn't work how you think it does.  Copernicus doesn't stop someone from winning unless it's preventing a domination victory.  They still win if they're at 25+ VPs.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I am playing Landschknets for the battle. Max didn't say he would play anything so I'll resolve the battle

Tamas

French victory, 4 to 2. 4 Habsburg mercs are eliminated, rest of the lot retreats to the Metz fort.

ENGLAND! Let's be reasonable and do not destroy your chances at victory by hurting me too much. You should just flag Amsterdam and leave Antwerp to me. In exchange I will sue for peace next turn, buying Amsterdam back from you for an extra VP. Which in effect is just as good for you as Antwerp, except you don't decrease the hand size which keeps the others at bay.

Solmyr

Viking

Hey! Thats the deal I offered you Tamas!
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Also, your hand size would be decreased next turn, while you should be keeping people at bay this turn.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on August 26, 2012, 08:35:15 AM
Also, your hand size would be decreased next turn, while you should be keeping people at bay this turn.

You don't gain a goddamn thing if you go for Antwerp instead of just flagging Amsterdam, but you lose a lot. Your only chance if the game goes on and we leaders keep attriting each other. Reducing my hand size for the next turn works much more against that, than capturing Antwerp would work for it.

ulmont

Pole badly loses a debate to Cop.  SBR up to convert 3 spaces and play.

sbr

Sorry Viking I just used up all the 6's on the dice.

Converted Lyon, Bescanon, Metz from the debate.

Finished French NT translation and Liege, Grenoble, Dijon, Orleans and Paris all converted.

Tamas

Quote from: sbr on August 26, 2012, 01:34:38 PM
Sorry Viking I just used up all the 6's on the dice.

Converted Lyon, Bescanon, Metz from the debate.

Finished French NT translation and Liege, Grenoble, Dijon, Orleans and Paris all converted.

surely this isnt a problem, as everyone and their grandmas are in war with ME!