News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Sent a file with winters and end of turn, assuming no Papal winter. Should probably check it as I got interrupted halfway through.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on August 19, 2012, 04:57:19 PM
England should get 5 I think.

this is why I get somebody to check these things   ;)'

updated. Any reason not to end the turn?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Need a new pope, can't think of anything else

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on August 19, 2012, 05:01:17 PM
Need a new pope, can't think of anything else

in ACTS, pope has no effect in ACTS

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Viking

Solmyr

Remember that if you draw Paul III, play it and draw a replacement.

Also, my analysis is that right now Protestants are closest to winning, being a few translations or large conversions away from a religious victory. Or if they take the two remaining electorates they get close to VP victory too.

sbr

That doesn't sound right at all

Viking

Quote from: sbr on August 20, 2012, 01:52:53 PM
That doesn't sound right at all

You have 4 Electorates 8 VP
Campeggio disgraced 2 VP
35 Spaces 10 VP
------------------------------------
20VP

Translate the bibles and you get 3 VP more and take 1 electorate or take 2 electorates and translate 1 bible and you win. Add to that the gazillion conversation attempts you get with completing the translations.

Solmyr

Btw, I'm convinced now that Protestants are in fact the faction in HIS most likely to win, because people don't take them seriously in the first few turns and then they drop the translation bomb.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on August 20, 2012, 02:06:43 PM
Btw, I'm convinced now that Protestants are in fact the faction in HIS most likely to win, because people don't take them seriously in the first few turns and then they drop the translation bomb.

Well, Tamas should do something about it then. I don't think I can take vienna, prague and wittenberg this turn.

Habbaku

They're definitely the most likely to win among inexperienced players precisely because of the lack of experience in realizing how many VPs they really have.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on August 20, 2012, 02:19:44 PM
They're definitely the most likely to win among inexperienced players precisely because of the lack of experience in realizing how many VPs they really have.

I'd rather say that they were the only power that can win without harming anybody else noticeably. The pope is supposed to fail until it gets a good pope, england is supposed to help and the hapsburgs are supposed to balance france (with english support from time to time), protestants (with papal support from time to time) and ottomans (with "italian" support from time to time).

If Charles doesn't run a campaign in germany taking electorates from time to time then the protestants win the game.

Viking

I'm ready to start my next turn. Can we start declarations?

Solmyr