Obama to fire gay military officer. Martinus pops vein.

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 08, 2009, 02:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2009, 03:21:37 PM
His declaration would have much less of an impact(or less oomph rather) if he did that. :contract:
Exactly. Attention whore does not deserve to be in the military.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2009, 02:59:19 PM
Damn it!  What are the chances so many gays know Arabic?

Well considering that Arabic has been stated as a useful language for the US's current military struggles, it wouldn't surprise me if people took to learning it to get a leg up.

Add to that that I think it is fair to say that "out" homosexuals are more likely to be somewhat educated (Grallon excepted), and I think you have your answer. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2009, 03:21:37 PM
His declaration would have much less of an impact(or less oomph rather) if he did that. :contract:

Yep-- less chance to be a celebrated martyr/drama queen.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on May 08, 2009, 03:23:20 PM
Add to that that I think it is fair to say that "out" homosexuals are more likely to be somewhat educated (Grallon excepted), and I think you have your answer. 

I was joking around on the fact that so many of the dudes getting kicked out of the military for gayness happened to have a specialty we are desperately in need of.  Hell  it doesn't even make sense, why would unit morale be undermined by the sexuality of their linguist?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2009, 03:22:57 PM
Well the army does talk about developing courage and honor.  Maybe that idiocy led him to do that.
It also teaches loyalty, duty, respect, and selfless service - values he violated when he bitched on TV while still under contract.

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on May 08, 2009, 03:23:14 PM

Human beings don't really belong in the military.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

garbon

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on May 08, 2009, 03:25:52 PM
It also teaches loyalty, duty, respect, and selfless service - values he violated when he bitched on TV while still under contract.

How does sacrificing your career for something you believe in not selfless?  Eh this is America maybe he will benefit somehow from his five minutes of fame.

Anyway pity to lose another Arabic linguist this way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2009, 03:25:01 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 08, 2009, 03:23:20 PM

I was joking around on the fact that so many of the dudes getting kicked out of the military for gayness happened to have a specialty we are desperately in need of.  Hell  it doesn't even make sense, why would unit morale be undermined by the sexuality of their linguist?

Are you kidding me? It makes perfect sense given the age of the average grunt. EWW GEHY.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2009, 03:26:31 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 08, 2009, 03:23:14 PM

Human beings don't really belong in the military.
:huh:
Explain?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2009, 03:29:43 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 08, 2009, 03:25:52 PM

How does sacrificing your career for something you believe in not selfless?  Eh this is America maybe he will benefit somehow from his five minutes of fame.

Anyway pity to lose another Arabic linguist this way.

Only the marti's of the world benefit. So Choi needs to be crushed under the Obamahitler's boot heel.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 08, 2009, 03:13:45 PM
So this guy went on national television to force the Presidents hand?

He fought the law and the law won.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 08, 2009, 03:38:57 PM
Only the marti's of the world benefit. So Choi needs to be crushed under the Obamahitler's boot heel.

Correction.  Choi was out.  Marti isnt even sure if he is in.