Armstrong's luck running out?

Started by DGuller, June 29, 2012, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on January 17, 2013, 09:53:50 PM
It's fine at Notre Dame too.

I'm trying to remember: did she report it to the police, or just the internet?

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2013, 09:57:36 PM
Quote from: sbr on January 17, 2013, 09:53:50 PM
It's fine at Notre Dame too.

I'm trying to remember: did she report it to the police, or just the internet?

Police, who didn't investigate for 15 days.  Unfortunately she had been dead for 5 days by then.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on January 17, 2013, 10:01:10 PM
Police, who didn't investigate for 15 days.  Unfortunately she had been dead for 5 days by then.

Well, suicide can really fuck up an investigation. 

sbr

True, so do Penn State style campus wide cover-ups.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2012/12/04/why-i-wont-be-cheering-for-old-notre-dame/

QuoteYet after Lizzy went to the police, a friend of the player's sent her a series of texts that frightened her as much as anything that had happened in the player's dorm room. "Don't do anything you would regret," one of them said. "Messing with Notre Dame football is a bad idea."
At the time of her death, 10 days after reporting the attack to campus police, who have jurisdiction for even the most serious crimes on school property, investigators still had not interviewed the accused. It took them five more days after she died to get around to that, though they investigated Lizzy herself quite thoroughly, even debriefing a former roommate at another school with whom she'd clashed.
Six months later — after the story had become national news — Notre Dame did convene a closed-door disciplinary hearing. The player testified that until he actually met with police, he hadn't even known why they wanted to speak to him — though his buddy who'd warned Lizzy not to mess with Notre Dame football had spoken to investigators 13 days earlier. He was found "not responsible," and never sat out a game.

CountDeMoney

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2013, 10:16:39 PM
Yeah, read that article a couple weeks ago.

Here, this one's got much more righteous indignation:

http://ncronline.org/news/accountability/reported-sexual-assault-notre-dame-campus-leaves-more-questions-answers

Not to worry.  No matter how many teenage girls they rape your beloved Fighting Irish are very unlikely to ever be punished for it.

CountDeMoney

Don't get saucy with me, Béarnaise.

Victims of campus sex crimes should never go to the campus police.  Particularly at football factories.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2013, 10:27:17 PM
Don't get saucy with me, Béarnaise.

Victims of campus sex crimes should never go to the campus police.  Particularly at football factories.

The campus police had jurisdiction.  Do you really think the season-ticket holding South Bend officers are really going to go in and crack football player skulls or just hand it off?

sbr

So back to Lance and Oprah; I am still impressed how it has gone so far.  I'll definitely be watching tomorrow.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on January 17, 2013, 10:29:42 PM
The campus police had jurisdiction.  Do you really think the season-ticket holding South Bend officers are really going to go in and crack football player skulls or just hand it off?

The Indiana State Police certainly wouldn't give a royal rat fuck about jurisdiction.

And it ain't just football factories, either.  I could tell you some stories about doctors and researchers at a certain medical university that got away with their share of shit.  "We'll just deal with it administratively."
Higher education doesn't care about anything except their reputations, so let's not pretend it's relegated solely to the athletics department, mkay?

DGuller

Holy crap!  Turns out he did do it after all. :o

Liep

No tears? It was apparently possible to bet on whether he cried or not. Anyhoo, 7 boring years of TdF can't be undone, but I would've probably wasted my summers anyway.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

I still don't get what he's trying to achieve.  :huh:

Brazen