And we're back!

Main Menu

The Offical 2012 Tour de France Thread.

Started by mongers, June 21, 2012, 07:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Just 8 days to go before the start of the 2012 Tour in Liege:

http://www.letour.fr/2012/TDF/COURSE/us/le_parcours.html

I'll be cheering on Bradley Wiggins, who has a chance and if he completes it on the Sunday afternoon 22nd July, will have just 6 day* before taking part in in the Olympic road race on the following Saturday, 28th.   :cool:

edit:
* actually it's only something like 138 hour between the end of the 3500 km tour and the start of the other.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Ah yes, it's banana hammock time again.

I'm not going to follow the race, of course, but I'd appreciate posting any video of NASCAR-style pile-ups.  Spokes and Speedos everywhere.

mongers

It's started today with the Prologue in Leige, I shall watch the highlights this evening. 

Sheilbh

Elio de Rupo's apparently taken to referring to Bradley Wiggins as the 'Belgian-born' Wiggins :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 30, 2012, 10:10:18 AM
Elio de Rupo's apparently taken to referring to Bradley Wiggins as the 'Belgian-born' Wiggins :lol:

It's only fair, as that's a classic British tabloid past-time; Oh and many Irish born Irishmen throughout history seem to be co-opted as British and even English.  :bowler:

Liep

Mørkøv just secured himself the mountain jersey, yay Denmark!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 01, 2012, 09:26:04 AM
Mørkøv just secured himself the mountain jersey, yay Denmark!

:thumbsup:

Interesting day, today.

katmai

I look forward to this years winner being negated because of doping :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

wonder which pharmacist is going to win this year? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

Quote from: katmai on July 01, 2012, 03:29:26 PM
I look forward to this years winner being negated because of doping :)
Last year's winner is still the winner. :contract:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Quote from: katmai on July 01, 2012, 04:26:44 PM
Give it another year :P

Just checked the list of winners and besides Sastre and Evans they've all been caught going back to '95 and Indurain. :lol: And I'm sad to say Miguel was probably more doped than they are today. :(

mongers

Quality sprint finish from Cavendish, winning by just 1/2 of a wheel.  :bowler:

Liep

Mørkøv has been in the breakaway for three straight days. And this in his first Tour de France! I like this guy.

Liep

Peter Sagan won another stage today, a sprint uphill and still with enough left in him to do the running man while crossing the line.

I call it here, Sagan is the next to get caught for doping.