And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote#73: 5 / War in Persia

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Ottoman player must remove 3 to 8 land units from the map and place them (along with any leaders desired) on this Foreign War card (23.7). Persians start with either 3 or 5 land units (chosen by power playing card). If the higher number, award 1 War Winner to Ottoman when war ends. Add a -1 card marker on Ottoman until war ends.

I'll give Katmai time to reply to my proposal and play this in the meantime. 5 Persians appear, intent on buttfucking the Turks.

Del to assign 3 to 8 units to the war.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: Solmyr on July 02, 2012, 06:55:03 AM
France is looking mighty powerful and is oppressing the poor Huguenots. Katmai, I wonder if me playing Huguenot Lent would be worth a card draw next turn? I'll even take your suggestions on which spaces to convert.
seems fair to me. :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Well I don't know if Sol's move counts as something rousing enough for Del. Either way, I'm going to pass until after the Huguenot Lent. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

I'm at work and have no access to CB, so I cannot send a file for now. If someone can post the current map of France though, I can play the Lent and pick the conversion spaces. Although there's at least Del and Szmik playing before me, if they want to respond to my event plays.

Delirium

Are you aware of a thing called time zones?

I will remove three cavalry to fight the Persians, then pass anyway. Someone with enough time on their hands to make sarcastic posts can make a file, I'm having breakfast.

Scratch that, will fight the war vigorously, different play coming.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

The Sultan changed his mind in the last minute, dispatching Mehmed with 8 units to crush the insolent Persians underfoot, then spends a 3 cp card to fight. The result was bland, 9 dice vs 5 produced a 2 to 1 victory for us. Although you can normally fight a field battle again as long as you do not lose, there is a sentence in the Foreign War rules that implies that you can only fight once per impulse, so our remaining 2 cp are spent to patronize a scientist of poor repute. File sent.

Over to Solmyr, I suppose? A screenshot will have to be done by someone else.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Solmyr

I'll make a play when someone posts a screenie or when I get home from work. Szmik can still go before me if he wants to do something.

Delirium

I would like to help but am incompetent in these matters.

Delirium

Bad timing here I'm afraid, I had 12 hours at the ready yesterday and you managed to post your play right after that. Had there been a play during the day today I would have been able to respond instantly, now it seems it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Tell you what, unless you do something different than Hugenout Lent, I can already say that I will use a 2 cp card to first build a cavalry on the Persian war and then attack. Someone else can roll, and hopefully I will make three hits on nine dice this time.  <_<

Solmyr

Huguenot conversions are lackluster. The Emperor is passing for the turn. Del's play is next.

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on July 03, 2012, 01:03:43 AM
Are you aware of a thing called time zones?

I think Sol's actually in your time zone, +/- an hour.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on July 03, 2012, 09:04:12 AM
Huguenot conversions are lackluster. The Emperor is passing for the turn. Del's play is next.

:w00t:

The French people stand mostly united against this vile heresy.

Given what Del said his plan was - France passes out the turn.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on July 03, 2012, 09:04:12 AM

Why not place the unrest in La Rochelle?  If you drop it there, you either force Garbon to remove the unrest or cost him a card (since he'd be down a key).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien