News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on June 29, 2012, 01:56:40 PM
If I'm reading the rules correctly, it's absolutely useless to Habs atm since he has no cards to spend any treasures with.

Correct.  If it had been played earlier, I could have given them to the Ottomans instead of VPs, but they're now useless to me unless I get pirated in Europe.

QuoteOn the other hand, the English and the French could potentially position their captains to intercept it, if I played it later to give them time. So I'm wondering if the Enligsh or the French are willing to cut the Emperor in on the treasure deal. Or well, if the Spanish are willing to offer something to get the fleet away before anyone can pirate it.

I have no interest in when it's played at this point.

QuoteAs an aside, does the pirate marker already in Antilles affect the possible treasure fleet pirating in any way?

No effect whatsoever.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

RE : The Treasure Fleet, though, Sol, do you really think it's in your best interest that you give England and France a heads-up about it?  France is already doing rather well for itself (they swiped a 4 CP treasure in addition to the VP) and you're potentially setting them up for even more VPs.

There is nothing they can offer you that will make up for you essentially handing them VPs.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Well the alternative is me pirating you, Habs. :P

Habbaku

With Henzlein?  Go for it.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

It's not like there's any risk in it at the moment.

I'll be generous though. You know who your friends are. ;)

Since you'll need to mess with the treasures I won't send a file, can you just add 1 regular for me in Szigetvar? Also, should Villegaignon be on the turn track?

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on June 29, 2012, 02:23:09 PM
It's not like there's any risk in it at the moment.

I'll be generous though. You know who your friends are. ;)

A real friend would find some way to get me a card so I could play those treasures to help them.   ;)

Katmai's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Sorry, I don't have anything that could do that. I didn't expect you to run out of cards this fast. :P

Habbaku

Your home card lets you do it, actually, but you've already played it.

I expected to run down my hand fairly quickly due to the pretty crappy state of it (and usefulness of the two 1-CP naval cards), but, of course, the hot piracy dice popped any chances of my actually holding cards.

It'd be nice if you could build your galley at some point, though...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

I plan to but the Adriatic has already been pirated and I'm not at war with Ottomans anyway, so it's not a big hurry right now.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on June 29, 2012, 02:23:09 PM
Also, should Villegaignon be on the turn track?

Yes, I believe that's the case.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Delirium

Quote from: Delirium on June 28, 2012, 04:17:08 PMSpain will be out of cards so England is up.

Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2012, 06:06:43 AMFirst of all, England is still up.

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 10:20:43 AM
I was waiting for Spain   :Embarrass:

But he's passing for the rest of the turn.

:huh: Am I on your ignore list?  :yeahright:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

garbon

Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2012, 02:43:24 PM
Quote from: Delirium on June 28, 2012, 04:17:08 PMSpain will be out of cards so England is up.

Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2012, 06:06:43 AMFirst of all, England is still up.

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 10:20:43 AM
I was waiting for Spain   :Embarrass:

But he's passing for the rest of the turn.

:huh: Am I on your ignore list?  :yeahright:

:zipped:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

/comment about Eastern Europeans

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Unless Katmai does something truly spectacular upon leaving the theatre, my next play will be that a 1 cp card produces a cavalry in Nicopolis, so you can skip right to England after the Protestants are done.

Oh, sorry, could someone else please tell England that he's up at that point. ;)
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

garbon

Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2012, 02:57:23 PM
Unless Katmai does something truly spectacular upon leaving the theatre, my next play will be that a 1 cp card produces a cavalry in Nicopolis, so you can skip right to England after the Protestants are done.

Oh, sorry, could someone else please tell England that he's up at that point. ;)

*hears buzzing noise*

Hmm, did somebody say something? :P