Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

England sends a colony.

France triggers the Marburg Colloquy:

Quote5 / Marburg Colloquy
If either Luther or Melanchthon is uncommitted AND either Zwingli or Oekolampadius is uncommitted, Protestant player commits 1 debater from each pair. The Protestant player then makes a number of Reformation attempts equal to the total of their debate value targeting all language zones. Remove from deck if played as event.

So Solmyr is up to implement that, and then Sbr is up to play.

Solmyr

Melanchthon and Zwingli get together in Marburg, have a rave party. Everything converts except the important space.

File sent with all the markers added and Marburg implemented.

sbr

Stop bothering with Mainz, you have tried 3 times and it hasn't worked.  It never will.

Solmyr

Quote from: sbr on June 29, 2012, 11:07:09 AM
Stop bothering with Mainz, you have tried 3 times and it hasn't worked.  It never will.

:blurgh:

Solmyr

By the way sbr, if you are going to do more debates, remember that I can potentially insert Luther and/or Bullinger into them, so give me some time to decide on that. ;)

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on June 29, 2012, 11:11:58 AM
By the way sbr, if you are going to do more debates, remember that I can potentially insert Luther and/or Bullinger into them, so give me some time to decide on that. ;)

Sbr, don't worry about it.  Solmyr can only insert Luther into Germany...so don't debate in Germany.  And Solmyr will always insert Bullinger into the second round of a debate, so just assume it and move on.

sbr

Quote from: ulmont on June 29, 2012, 11:25:13 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 29, 2012, 11:11:58 AM

Sbr, don't worry about it.  Solmyr can only insert Luther into Germany...so don't debate in Germany.  And Solmyr will always insert Bullinger into the second round of a debate, so just assume it and move on.

Can Bullinger go into the second round in any language?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Also Schmalkaldic League played.  I sent a file with all the moves, I am pretty sure I got it right.

You might want to pack a lunch before watching it, I am sure it wasn't the most efficient counter moving in history.

Solmyr

I'll do the necessary fixes. :) Zurich stays independent since it's not a Protestant home space. And you didn't need to put Prot control markers on everything since it's already the default on the map itself.

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 11:37:05 AM
Yes.

How do you magically insert information into the rules and on markers on my PC?  Every time I ask a question and get an answer from you I go back and look again and it is right there.  :ph34r:

Tamas

Quote from: sbr on June 29, 2012, 11:39:37 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2012, 11:37:05 AM
Yes.

How do you magically insert information into the rules and on markers on my PC?  Every time I ask a question and get an answer from you I go back and look again and it is right there.  :ph34r:

That's how he annoys us.

Solmyr

Well, the Habsburg hordes are about to roll over me. I just hope our neighbors realize why that will be a bad thing for them. :P

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on June 29, 2012, 11:54:30 AM
Well, the Habsburg hordes are about to roll over me. I just hope our neighbors realize why that will be a bad thing for them. :P

What Habsburg hordes?  :huh:

Solmyr

You have hordes compared to me. :P

I'm willing to discuss things next turn though.