News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Cat Turned in to Helicopter

Started by Queequeg, June 05, 2012, 08:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154283/Cats-away-Artist-turns-dead-pet-flying-helicopter-killed-car.html?ITO=1490

QuoteMany animal lovers find it hard to part with their pets when they die.

So when cat Orville, named after the famous aviator Orville Wright, was run over by a car, his artist owner decided to turn him into a permanent piece of artwork as the ultimate tribute by transforming him into a flying helicopter.

Dutch artist Bart Jansen first stuffed Orville before teaming up with radio control helicopter flyer Arjen Beltman to build a specially-designed flying mechanism to attach to the cat.

Paws for thought: Cat Orville was turned into a helicopter by his artist owner Bart Jansen, pictured right,after he was run over by a car

Flying high: Bart Jensen has dubbed his cat art The Orvillecopter

Cat overhead: Radio control helicopter flyer Arjen Beltman, pictured back right, controls The Orvillecopter
The end result, named the Orvillecopter, is now on show at the Kunstrai art festival in Amsterdam where visitors can watch Orville flying for themselves.

Jansen said the Orvillecopter is 'half cat, half machine', and part of a visual art project to pay tribute to his cat Orville.

Jansen, part of the art cooperative Generaal Pardon, said: 'After a period of mourning he received his propellers posthumously.'

He added that Orville will soon be 'flying with the birds' stating: 'Oh how he loved birds. He will receive more powerful engines and larger props for his birthday. So this hopping will soon change into steady flight.'

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Rather cuter than I imagined. I love the look on the late Orville's face!

Ed Anger

Right now, somebody at Wright Patterson is thinking of trying to hang a Hellfire on it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

This is a conflicting matter. While I want cat helicopters as part of life, I am opposed to using cat corpses for any sort of artistic purposes.

Perhaps a better solution would be educating and distributing feline helicopters to the local cat populace.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 06, 2012, 07:32:14 PM
This is a conflicting matter. While I want cat helicopters as part of life, I am opposed to using cat corpses for any sort of artistic purposes.

Perhaps a better solution would be educating and distributing feline helicopters to the local cat populace.
:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Brazen on June 06, 2012, 04:41:40 AM
Rather cuter than I imagined. I love the look on the late Orville's face!

Exactly the expression a live cat would be wearing if you strapped him to some propellers and sent him flying. :yes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!