And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Utah deserved to lose.

Traitors.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

The last stand of the WAC isn't going all that badly so far.  UTSA (vs. Sunbelt), TxST (vs. C-USA), USU (vs. PAC-12 and 1AA), and NMSU (vs. 1AA) all have OOC Ws.  Idaho sucks ass though.  Good God.

I don't know what the upcoming OOC games look like though aside from UTSAs 1AA and TxST vs. TTU this weekend.  They might all get crushed for all I know.

PDH

The WAC was great in the olden days, but they went to 16 in the 90s and it all fell apart.  Since then it has been a journeyman's league.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: PDH on September 07, 2012, 11:05:54 PM
The WAC was great in the olden days, but they went to 16 in the 90s and it all fell apart.  Since then it has been a journeyman's league.

Yeah.  You know, TBH, as much as I like the UTSA move to C-USA, I actually think the WAC might have been a pretty good fit for them, especially if Texas State stayed, with C-USA being the eventual goal for both of them a few years down the line....not...next season for UTSA and the Sunbelt for TxST.  Whatever.  The ADs have said they'll keep playing OOC, so I guess it works out.

dps

Quote from: PDH on September 07, 2012, 11:05:54 PM

The experience of the WAC as a 16-team league is one of the reasons I thought the talk of 16-team "superleagues" was silly.  16-team conferences just don't make sense.

IMO, in college football, 10 teams is really about the best size.  That allows all the teams to play each other every year and still have a reasonable OOC schedule.  I know that conferences want at least 12 teams so they can stage a championship game, but aside from the revenue it generates, I don't see the point.  You know that eventually, a team is going to go 12-0, then lose to a 9-3 team in the conference title game and miss out on the upcoming playoff (or the BCS title game for the next couple of years).

Ed Anger

I don't know what is worse, the chick announcer or Ohio State playing like shit.

Fuck you Espn 2.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Women really shouldn't  be allowed near a microphone on a sports broadcast.

CountDeMoney

Auburn and Miss St is competitive;  can't believe how bad Auburn's offense--particularly the QB play--has been the last two weeks.

Valmy

Awesome, K-State is destroying Miami.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

This shit ain't gonna cut it in the Big Ten. STOP SMILING URBAN.

WHARGARBL.

CountDeMoney

Tulsa kid was administered CPR on the field after a helmet to helmet hit.  Ambo'd up and at the hospital.

Ed Anger

Your Joey Gallowayism of the day:

"Feetwork"

Valmy

52-13 LOL

K-State is going to bring it again this year  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 07, 2012, 09:25:02 PM
Hey Valmy, check yo PMs.  Also, New Mexico is Bob Davie's new team, which means I hate them a lot.

E:  Florida A&M and OU is going to be replayed on the Sooner Network (Fox Sports Net) on Sunday if you...really want to watch.

Yeah Sunday is RGIII day so no thanks.  Anyway thanks for the link I am having everybody over to watch it using my computer so it better work heh.

Anyway now Kansas vs. Rice.

FunkMonk

Wow that Penn State kicker is something else.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.