News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: PDH on May 23, 2012, 12:33:44 PM
Given that there is an undercurrent of racism to some of the anti Obama folks ("Don't Re-Nig", Federal Judges sending racist anti-Obama emails to name two), it is hard to say that the birthers do not have, at least in part, this as a background.

So do I have, at least in part, a background of racism because I'm an anti-Obama person and some anti-Obama folks are racist?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 23, 2012, 12:42:00 PM
My aunt still mispronounces Hawaii.

"Guys, would you like to see pictures from our 'Hawaya' trip?" :frusty:

Why'd we get this twice? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Stop nigger hating, Berkut.  It's unseemly.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 12:47:03 PM
It didn't go anywhere of course, but then, neither has the idiotic claims that Obama isn't eligible, except among the crazies.
That's a really disingenuous equivocation to make, because in Obama's case "among the crazies" makes up a very significant chunk of one party's voters.  Attributing something to the fringe is only valid if the fringe is not a large block of voters.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 12:51:19 PM
Not really - but what does matter is the use of race as a political bludgeon, which IMO is incredibly revolting.

Am I bludgeoning anybody?  I thought I was just talking on a message board.  Sorry you find that revolting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:49:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 12:46:54 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:19:18 PM
John McCain was born in Panama, allegedly in "The Zone".  Why wasn't anybody asking about his birth certificate?  That's not even a state. Hmmm....

Do you have amnesia? Issues did arise over whether or not he could be considered a "natural born citizen".

I don't see anybody still bitching about it 4 years later.

Why would they? :huh: McCain isn't up for presidency or vice presidency - so the issue is moot. And then of course, there was Senate Resolution 511 where it was agreed that McCain counts as a natural born citizen.

Berkut

John McCain was born in Panama, allegedly in "The Zone".  Why wasn't anybody asking about his birth certificate?  That's not even a state. Hmmm....

Do you have amnesia? Issues did arise over whether or not he could be considered a "natural born citizen".

Although, I do commend the Bush Machine(tm) for the whisper campaign against him, implying his psychological imbalance from his Manchurian Candidate time in Vietnam, as well as his "culluh'd chillins" in South Carolina.  Say one thing for the GOP, they have no problem eating their own.
Quote from: DGuller on May 23, 2012, 12:50:39 PM
I think that Berkut sometimes tries so hard to be even-handed that he ignores the facts on the ground.  I think you have to be pretty delusional to not sense a strong racial undercurrent in the Republican flip-out.  I think you have to be pretty illogical to counter that argument with the fact that everyone who disapproves of Obama can't possibly be racist, because some of them voted for him.

This has nothing to do with being even handed.

And there are no facts on the ground to ignore - nobody has provided a shred of "fact" that birthers are racists, they just assume it and demand that "common sense" says it is so, so it must be so.

An accusation of racism should be taken seriously - using it to paint "Republicans" in general in the manner that Seedy and now just you have done is as bad as actually being racist.

Your post is a great answer to Malthus' question about why it matters.

See how nicely we start talkig about crazy birthers.

Then we mention that not only are they crazy, why they are racists! Every one!

And next...voila! Now we are not even talking about birthers...we are talking about Republicans in general!

Gee, isn't that handy - we've moved from birthers are stupid to birthers are racist to Republicans are racist.

Isn't that special?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 12:51:30 PM
So do I have, at least in part, a background of racism because I'm an anti-Obama person and some anti-Obama folks are racist?

Bah, we decided you were both a race traitor and gender traitor ages ago.  You just get the Jewish Ghetto Police award.  :P

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2012, 12:53:32 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 12:51:19 PM
Not really - but what does matter is the use of race as a political bludgeon, which IMO is incredibly revolting.

Am I bludgeoning anybody?  I thought I was just talking on a message board.  Sorry you find that revolting.

I didn't say you were, I said people do - and there are several fine examples right here in this thread.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Damn did I just finger myself as a racist here?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 12:54:43 PM

Why would they? :huh: McCain isn't up for presidency or vice presidency - so the issue is moot. And then of course, there was Senate Resolution 511 where it was agreed that McCain counts as a natural born citizen.

He's a ranking member of the United States Senate;  and since there have been documented accusations of bona fide MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY in Congress, I think it's something that's still worth exploring anyway, even though it's been put to bed, as it were.  Much like somebody else's birth issue.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 12:57:06 PM
I didn't say you were, I said people do - and there are several fine examples right here in this thread.

Ah ok.  Well anyway we shall just agree to disagree on this topic.  As Malthus said it really does not matter in the end.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on May 23, 2012, 12:53:14 PM
It didn't go anywhere of course, but then, neither has the idiotic claims that Obama isn't eligible, except among the crazies.
That's a really disingenuous equivocation to make, because in Obama's case "among the crazies" makes up a very significant chunk of one party's voters.  Attributing something to the fringe is only valid if the fringe is not a large block of voters.

Whatever - the issue is not how many Republicans are birthers, it is whether you can just assume birthers are racists, and by your oh so handy extension, hey look! Now Republicans are racists!

Isn't that convenient?

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:55:32 PM

Bah, we decided you were both a race traitor and gender traitor ages ago.  You just get the Jewish Ghetto Police award.  :P

How fitting that I'm getting told who I should be supporting from a straight, white male.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on May 23, 2012, 12:58:21 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 23, 2012, 12:53:14 PM

Whatever - the issue is not how many Republicans are birthers, it is whether you can just assume birthers are racists, and by your oh so handy extension, hey look! Now Republicans are racists!

Isn't that convenient?
The extension and over-generalization of everything I said is, as usual, yours, not mine.